Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

General Wrasslin' / Puroresu thread!

Post by MisterHentai »

Well why not, seeing as there are a few on/off fans and viewers here. :P

So let's mark out! :lol:

Thanks to the lead up to and events of Wrestlemania XXX earlier this month, I've started to watch some WWE again after I pretty much stopped around the mid-2000's or so. You know, the beginnings of "PG Era" and all. :(

I'm really liking some of the current up and coming talent, especially from the ones who began from when I did stop watching, whom I'll sometimes see on the few PPV's I occasionally still watch each year and wonder, who the hell is this guy? :LOL:

Dolph Ziggler for example. He was Nicky from The Spirit Squad? W.....T....F...!! :LOL:

But yeah, I have to hand it to him, he's got some decent talent from what I've been catching up upon. Flashy and show off style, and he can sell moves like a muthaeffer too. :o

And after seeing this that happened on the RAW (Which this one has become quite infamous now) after last year's Wrestlemania, holy crap! Dat crowd pop! :oh:

Shame he's down to mid-card status now. :(

The Wyatt Family and The Shield factions are pretty awesome too. The Wyatt's entrance especially because imagine how it would've been before all these modern fire and smoke safety laws, good ol' cigarette lighters instead!

To think many of these guys were from the Nexus and NXT. Their Elimination Chamber match this past February was good. When they can work the crowd like that (Which thanks to "PG", is so dead compared to the heydays of the Attitude Era), you know they got that "something" to make it look great.

Any way, with Daniel Bryan now the champion, I wonder how WWE is going to handle it. They always tend to drop the ball for deserving wrestlers with actual in-ring ability and bury them fast. :pi:

BOOTISTA!

:LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
d19xx
Custom Rank: Lurker

Re: General Wrasslin' / Puroresu thread!

Post by d19xx »

I don't think I can ever go back to pro-wrestling. Heck even MMA bore me these days since Fedor retired.

However, listening to shoot interviews of old wrestlers is just hilarious.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Stone Cold Steve Austin's podcasts are pretty damn good listening material.

And MMA? Pffft whatever! :lol:

When it comes to UFC, I much prefer the classic days when it was like watching in-ring Street Fighter/Bloodsport.... to an extent :lol: . You know, "Karate Man" vs "Boxer Man", not the generic same "MMA Style" competitors that it has been for ages now. The fact that it's even become a "style" is what irritates me the most. :mad:

It's why I occasionally watch the Japanese kickboxing/MMA stuff, like K-1 or good ol' Pride FC because they still do that stuff. :(
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

What's a puroresu?
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

You call yourself a half-Wapanese!? :facepalm:

Puroresu = ..............

Yes... a yaoi butt-hug train! :mis:
Dank Buttsen

semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

oh pro wrestling..... hahahahaha hmmm....
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

semory wrote:What's a puroresu?
PURORESU IS THE BEST WRESTLINGU!! :fyea:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

WWE is boring :P
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

wahahahahahahahhahaha
06pori
Porter
Custom Rank: Gimme Gimme Octopus

Post by 06pori »

oh its "Joshi-puroresu" :XD:
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Animeresu! DESU!

:LOL:

:fyea:
Dank Buttsen