General Wrasslin' / Puroresu thread!

Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: General Wrasslin' / Puroresu thread!

Post by MisterHentai »

This has got to be the one of the greatest and weirdest years in WWE's recent history when Finn Balor (Another victim of the injury curse unfortunately), Kevin Owens ..... and now .... AJ Styles, are the flagship champions. And not to forget Nakamura as NXT Champion also.

All of them are well known long time non-WWE veterans now leading the respective shows? I guess it really is a new era in the WWE and they actually ain't BSing it! :oh:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

It truly is a glorious time in the wwe.
but.. why the fudge did they have Bray job to freaking kane...
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

Yeah Bray's booking has always been very stupid and just another in a run of his PPV losing streaks.

I mean, couldn't he have beaten Kane and then have Randy RKO him at the end?

Whatever it is, hopefully it will be time for Bray to shine in the long end. :pi:
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
riccochet
Porter

Post by riccochet »

Just listened to the Talk is Jericho podcast with the Aj, Anderson and Gallows... best thing I've listened to all year.
riccochet
Porter

Post by riccochet »

The Champ! that runs the camp
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

MisterHentai wrote::LOL: :LOL: :LOL: CM Punk gets mauled straight away. :LOL: :evillaugh:

I mean come on, he's fighting against someone 13 years younger than him and already with a 2-0 record. What else would you expect. :LOL:

Should've held back at the start instead of rushing into the opponent like an idiot. :facepalm:

But hey, at least respect to him for actually trying, gaining the experience, and then his preachy inspirational speech at the end which does hit some truth. :lol:
LOLOLOL he didnt just get his ass kicked. he was.... DELETED!

He shouldnt have taken that deal and start from bottom like Batista did but nope he bought into his own hype and think he could stand a chance in that mess. way to end everything youve built in 2 minutes :lol: that gracing speech in the end was just him falling into reality after Mickey drilled it into his skull.

Booker T and Stevie ray said it best... he may have endured alot in pro wrestling but when he step into UFC its another world... (the world of da squeeze!) :lol: :lol:

if anyone earned my respect its Mickey Gall. kid has been extending respect to Punk but Punk kept dissing him like calling him tomato can fighter and even refusing to shake his hand. im suprised Mickey didnt took a jab at him in the end and still showed the same amount of sportsmanship.

idk what punk would do next, i doubt he could return to wrestling. i can feel WWE is secretly laughing at him behind his back :?
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

His own ego aside, he would be stupid not to have taken the fight since in the end, it's all about the $$$ and he has enough name recognition for it.

Taking out taxes, it's reported Punk earned at least $500,000, add in the extra PPV buys, even up to $600,000-700,000, and an extra $2500 just for wearing the Reebok top. Gall only earned around $300,000 tops.

And either it's coincidental or not, but match start for The Miz vs Ziggler at Backlash will speak for itself if WWE is laughing at it. :LOL:

Also, Yakuza 6 will have some NJPW cameos . :o

Toru Yano is the PERFECT character to be in a Yakuza game. :LOL:
Dank Buttsen

riccochet
Porter

Post by riccochet »

So the CWC finished up, TJ Perkins won and is now the first cruiserwight champion of the new era.
MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

My god Smackdown is such a better show than RAW lately it's ridiculous. They certainly know how to portray and build up the characters very well. The No Mercy PPV this weekend will be very interesting.

Although this week's RAW was quite good also, the banter between Kevin Owens & Jericho vs The New Day was brilliant. Props to them and whoever it is behind creative because this is what the product needs. And Charlotte vs Sasha for the Women's title at the main event was also a great way to end it, especially with Sasha winning it back.

Also, The Rock takes us down memory lane. :lol:

I was more focused into WCW during this period, since NWO was the all the rage then and wasn't until 1998 when I started paying attention to the WWF again. :lol:
Dank Buttsen

MisterHentai

Post by MisterHentai »

No Mercy last night continues to prove that Smackdown does the better writing and storytelling for sure. :thumbup:

No matter how many times Dolph Ziggler and Miz go against each other, they always put on an entertaining show and being best of friends in real life helps with their chemistry. I mean, they might as well be this generation's tamer versions of HBK and HHH respectively. :lol:

Their match last night really got the crowd pumped up and showed how much they can care and get into it, especially for Ziggler who has been stale this past few years after many mishaps and bright moments in his career that get glossed over. Now that he is IC champ again and gets to "keep his job", hopefully it will elevate him again. :)

And poor Becky Lynch on having to miss out due to a medical problem. It seems like a curse for all the main champions this year, especially for the NXT call-ups. Rollins, Balor, Paige, Sasha, Lynch .... these past few years have been rough with the cursed injuries. :wtf:

NJPW's King of Pro Wrestling was also great. Tiger Mask W is totally Kota Ibushi. And hory sheeet, it's official, Kazuchika Okada vs Kenny Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship for the main event at Wrestle Kingdom 11. :o

Kenny's career has been making great strides this year, especially since the loss of AJ Styles to the WWE, so I hope he can continue to be the best and frontrunner gaijin on their roster. He's already gained even more of a international cult following especially on the online and gamer community, and the fact he was actually due the top spot long before until AJ came to NJPW, so hopefully now they are making it worthwhile for him. 8-)
Dank Buttsen