Runa's fic: Mass Effect 3 "Only One"

Post your Writing here!

Moderators: Dazzy, iheartibuki

Runa

Runa's fic: Mass Effect 3 "Only One"

Post by Runa »

So, as I announced on Deviantart, I decided to post my ME3 fic with the OC I created right here. Before posting it I think you need to know some things about my character, so here you are her quick dossier:

Name: Alexia Jones
Race: Human
Nationality: New York, Earth
Current residence: Citadel, Widow system, Serpent Nebula.
Appearance: Red hair, brown eyes, pale skin
Height: 170 cm
Weight: 57 kg
Marital status: Nubile
Profession: Ex Alliance technician, currently C-Sec internal hacker
Abilities: Extensive knowledge of almost any type of machine, expert in decryptions and armors upgrading.
Abilities in battle: Not trained as a soldier, but very skilled in the use of weapons (guns/shotguns). Quite good in hand to hand combat too.
Distinguishing marks: A tattoo (two wings) on her lower back
Attitude: Nice with everyone, friendly, always willing to help. Ironic and proud, aggressive at the right point.
Ambition for the future: Live in a peaceful galaxy
Favourite color: Red
Favourite type of movies: Action, adventure
Family: Kate and Ryan Jones, both C-Sec scientists. Only child.

You can see how she looks like here.

The story's title "Only One" comes from the song performed by Alex Band, which I find absolutely beautiful and meaningful.

The rating is PG-13.

Chapters list:

Data00
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Runa

Data00

Post by Runa »

They say that before you die all your life passes in front of your eyes like a flash. In just one second everything comes to an end and what you lived for is permanently distroyed, swept away like a leaf in the wind.

In that moment I didn't see anything. No flash memories, no visions of the past, only a white steel wall that reflected my shaking form consumed by fear.
My panting was breaking the silence that filled the room I was hiding in, my heart was beating fast and my hands were holding the gun with so much force that I was sure I was going to break it. The cut on my left cheek wouldn't stop bleeding and my originally white armor was now heavily stained with blood.

I stayed motionless behind the wall trying to calm my heartbeat. I tried to listen to the distant sounds, shots and cries of pain echoed downstairs.
It was just a matter of time before more Cerberus soldiers burst into the room and as I tried to keep control of myself my body couldn't stop trembling.
Too many corpses fell on the floor because of my gun, but I wasn't made for ending a human life. I did know how to fight and protect myself, but my true skills were limited to the use of terminals and machines.

I was so different from all of them. I was different from Commander Shepard and the Alliance Soldiers. The Reapers had already conquered a big part of the Galaxy and sooner or later they were going to reach the Citadel as well. The world I knew was coming to an end and I felt so damn helpless.

Suddenly I was startled by closer shots. I got ready, heart pounding, inserting the last charging of bullets into my weapon. I heard fast footsteps entering the room and I subconsciously pressed myself agains the wall inhaling deeply. I prayed so that destiny could give me another chance and I left my hideout, pistol raised and ready to shoot again.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."