Vonman's Renders W.I.P

Post your works in progress here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Vonman's Renders W.I.P

Post by Vonman »

Starting a new WIP thread, this time its in the right place (thanks Runa!) haha :lol:

Currently working on Talim without jacket ver. Took me a while to find the right pose...

:D
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Vonman's Renders W.I.P

Post by iheartibuki »

Awesome, now if I can only get Cycles to cooperate with me. :|
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Vonman

Post by Vonman »

iheartibuki wrote:Awesome, now if I can only get Cycles to cooperate with me. :|
it still doesnt work for you? which part, maybe i can help :D
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Well, someone on dA gave me a tip so I'll give that a try. :D Basically when I switch to cycles and render I just see white, solid objects even though I got textures, etc. assigned. And when I switch to GPU rendering, I see textures in Cycles but it's the same view you get when you're in object mode, as in there are no baked maps, etc.

I was told by someone on dA that I have to manually add all materials, and it seems that way on your Talim WIP. When you manually add materials, does that mean you have to reposition them on the UV? Maybe you can put together a lil tutorial for us rendering noobs! :mrgreen: BTW, love how Talim's turning out!

Vonman

Post by Vonman »

iheartibuki wrote:Well, someone on dA gave me a tip so I'll give that a try. :D Basically when I switch to cycles and render I just see white, solid objects even though I got textures, etc. assigned. And when I switch to GPU rendering, I see textures in Cycles but it's the same view you get when you're in object mode, as in there are no baked maps, etc.

I was told by someone on dA that I have to manually add all materials, and it seems that way on your Talim WIP. When you manually add materials, does that mean you have to reposition them on the UV? Maybe you can put together a lil tutorial for us rendering noobs! :mrgreen: BTW, love how Talim's turning out!
Yup, every time you import .obj models into Cycles, you'll have to re-add the textures one by one. (thats why i asked Love2Raid how to pose model in Blender before so we'll only need to apply the textures once and reuse that model again for future renders :lol:) this is since Cycles is still in on-going development... lots of features haven't been added yet. in the future maybe we can import models together with textures just like the original blender render engine :D but so far they've improved from the last version, now you no longer need to reposition the textures on the UV for the model it can do that automatically ^^

thank you! haha im planning on making a tutorial here :lol: but first, i need to find an application for taking screenshots and edit them on the spot, so i can include step-by-step pictures to make it easier to follow. do you know any of such applications?
iheartibuki

Post by iheartibuki »

Vonman wrote:
Yup, every time you import .obj models into Cycles, you'll have to re-add the textures one by one. (thats why i asked Love2Raid how to pose model in Blender before so we'll only need to apply the textures once and reuse that model again for future renders :lol:) this is since Cycles is still in on-going development... lots of features haven't been added yet. in the future maybe we can import models together with textures just like the original blender render engine :D but so far they've improved from the last version, now you no longer need to reposition the textures on the UV for the model it can do that automatically ^^

thank you! haha im planning on making a tutorial here :lol: but first, i need to find an application for taking screenshots and edit them on the spot, so i can include step-by-step pictures to make it easier to follow. do you know any of such applications?
IC, I guess you learn something new everyday. I always forget how Blender is free-of-charge to use so you can't really expect it to provide you a lot of the amenities you get from commercial software, though it's quickly getting there. Love the fact that at least you don't have to reposition the textures on the UV, that will definitely save me lots of time.

As far as apps that take screenshots, I don't know any off the top of my head, but I'm sure Google will get you some pretty interesting results. I'll be doing some searching myself as you got me curious now. :)
Last edited by iheartibuki on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vonman

Post by Vonman »

iheartibuki wrote:
Vonman wrote:

IC, I guess you learn something new everyday. I always forget how Blender is free-of-charge to use so you can't really expect it to provide you a lot of the amenities you get from commercial software, though it's quickly getting there. Love the fact that at least you don't have to reposition the textures on the UV, that will definitely save me lots of time.

As far as apps that take screenshots, I don't know off the top of my head, but I'm sure Google will get you some pretty interesting results. I'll be doing some searching myself as you got me curious now. :)
haha yeah we can say that everyone is involved in Cycles development. ppl use it, and they report any missing features and the Blender team will add them. Last time it didnt even have proper alpha map support (had to create the black and white one using GIMP... what a nightmare :lol:), but thankfully now they added that, along with normal maps ;)

ok ill ask google if it can find any! ^^
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Best scree capture program Microsoft expression screen capture. Awesome program and free for students on dreamspark. In education version it only encodes to wmv so you have to use vlc to convert to other formats.
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

semory wrote:Best scree capture program Microsoft expression screen capture. Awesome program and free for students on dreamspark. In education version it only encodes to wmv so you have to use vlc to convert to other formats.
thanks! ill give a try! :D it records to only video? can it be used to capture only screenshots?
Vonman

Post by Vonman »

Sorry for double-posting.... here's update for Soul Calibur IV Talim no jacket ver. render W.I.P.
I thought i'd be done this weekend but she got me so busy lol. There are still a few things that needs to be add. and some issues.

As shown above, all that is left is to add bump + alpha on the hair, bump on her pants and fix that tearing above her left breast (that happens a lot of time when using sub smoothing... where the edges of the polygon shrinks and create tearing/gap/hole on the model like that) still couldn't find a perfect way to fix it thank having to stitch it one by one :(

also there might be fireflies (dead pixel on the render) :lol: you can see it under her left eye. i'm gonna have to find a way around that :lol: