psychicsocial's WIPs

Post your works in progress here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

psychicsocial

psychicsocial's WIPs

Post by psychicsocial »

psychicsocial's Works-in-Progress:

Author's Notes: I have re-made the first post as of today, May 19th 2013. Only this post will be constantly updated! None of my older posts to this forum will be linked to this main post! The main post will have only text links, no pictures. You can browse the topic to see actual pictures! I will have a few different categories as well. One for Renders, then Mesh-Mods and Objects too. Enjoy, and please tell me what you think of my WIPs!

Render Work-in-Progresses

The Detective & The Killer, a render WIP featuring my Original Characters Dahlia Lethe and Scott Caulton

Mesh-Mod Work-in-Progresses

Scott Caulton, The Killer, a mesh-mod WIP featuring my Original Character, Scott Caulton
Dahlia Lethe's Model Previews, a post full of mesh-mod WIPs featuring my Original Character Dahlia Lethe. It is a massive post!
Scott Caulton's Model Previews, a post full of mesh-mod WIPs featuring my Original Character Scott Caulton. It is a post full of all the updated previews I currently have.
Lacey Marks' Model Preview, a mesh-mod WIP featuring my Original Character Lacey Marks. Just one image in this one, since the character will only have this model and a dead version. She dies almost immediately in the story as Scott's first victim.

Object Work-in-Progresses

Nothing Yet!

--

Credits:
ÔÇó Extractions/Mods: rexil, o0Crofty0o, StickLove (on deviantart), fullmoon, TheFill, DamianHandy, legendg85, heart-cleon, Ventrue533, Adngel
ÔÇó Model Parts/Characters/Games/Series: ┬®Capcom, Konami, NetherRealm Studios, 3D Realms, Team Ninja, Epic Games, Crystal Dynamics

DISCLAIMER & CREDITS: The characters of Scott Caulton, Dahlia Lethe, and Lacey Marks, as well as the story R A Z O R are (copy written) ┬®Me! DO NOT, use my story/art/characters for profit or artwork! The model parts belong to their respective developers/creators, I do no claim the parts or the actual model only the characters themselves. My original character models WILL NOT be released to the public. You DO NOT have permission or the right to use my characters/story for anything! I DO NOT claim any of the actual model parts as my own, they DO NOT belong to me in any way shape or form, and I take no credit in their creation; nor should you! I do not use my characters, or any one elseÔÇÖs to make a profit, nor will I ever. I only take credit for the characters themselves and the story they come from.
Last edited by psychicsocial on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:17 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Broken mirrors and a black catÔÇÖs cold stare;
Walk under ladders on my way to hell, IÔÇÖll meet you there..
psychicsocial

Re: psychicsocial's WIPs

Post by psychicsocial »

OK new reply from me because I would like an opinion. I just finished rendering two versions of my newest picture. It's the Assassin's Creed one as shown above this post, a re-make of one of my first ever XNALara pictures.

This one was rendered with SSS (sub-surface-scattering). It was my first time actually finishing an image using this tool. I also used AO (ambient occlusion).

For this one I only used SSS on his face, hands and the building. All the other settings are the same.

What I need to know is which one looks more realistic, or just better in general?

NOTE: If you want to see the details you should save the image (temporarily) to your computer and zoom in on it. For some reason Photobucket won't let you zoom in all the way. It's rendered at a very high resolution so you can see everything. Also I should mention that other than some slight lightening, the pictures are completely un-edited!

~psychicsocial
ObscureMemories
Custom Rank: I'm a lil' bit Super!

Post by ObscureMemories »

First picture is alot better. I prefer the detail on it.
Look at me! I'm on a high horse!

psychicsocial

Post by psychicsocial »

ObscureMemories wrote:First picture is alot better. I prefer the detail on it.
So SSS is better then? OK good. I can work with that answer. First time using SSS had to be sure it looked good, you know?
Thanks for the reply Steve :)
psychicsocial

Post by psychicsocial »

Just some stuff I am working on. Three mesh-mods and a mesh-mod/re-texture.

[Leon Kennedy in the outfit I showed off in my last WIP post. I am doing a bloody/beaten-up version of him for a special picture I am doing.]

[This is Dahlia Lethe, she is an OC of mine for a story called Mercenary Life I am writing.]

[Another OC from Mercenary Life, Megumi Soto. She is a journalist in the story .]

[Elena Fisher, Uncharted WIP. This is an idea and project I started with a friend ages ago, but we never got around to really starting it. Now that I am learning how to mesh-mod in Blender, I decided to pick up the project again. Please ignore the colors and tattoos. It is a WIP after all. Still not set on a head ><]

Tell me what you think!
~psychicsocial
Last edited by psychicsocial on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Those all look pretty ambitious, but so far so good. :)
psychicsocial

Post by psychicsocial »

ProtocolX27 wrote:Those all look pretty ambitious, but so far so good. :)
Dahlia's mesh-modding is nearly done. Still need to learn how to add optional items though. And then the real work begins, texturing XD

The last two will take ages, but I wanted to show people that they are being worked on and I think showing that I have chosen lots of clothing already for Elena is a kind of progress. Last time I talked about making her as a mesh-mod all I had was an eye re-texture :lol: Then there's Leon, whose mod will probably take awhile since I don't just want to throw his head on the two body parts I am using. I wanted to use Blender like I am for Dahlia, and start with a male base body then add everything I want to him. Plus I will need to make my own bump-maps and specs etc. It'll take awhile, but that mod is a higher priority than the last two.

Sorry I wrote so much >< Didn't mean too. I just love modding <3
Thanks for the compliment I am glad you like them.

~psychicsocial
psychicsocial

Post by psychicsocial »

New Hair I am working on.

Anyone interested in it? If so I will have more reason to finish it soon XD
psychicsocial

Post by psychicsocial »

What's included in this post:

ÔÇó Hair model preview & possible mesh-mod of Heather Mason
ÔÇó A preview of a Silent Hill render featuring mine and ObscureMemories' Original Character, Elena Walker
ÔÇó A small preview of a scenery I am working on for Mass Effect. It is meant to be a medium-sized modern home for Miranda Lawson and John Shepard.

[As always, the pictures below are totally un-edited!]

---------------

[BONUS]

I am also gonna post a preview of the entire building for Miri & Shep's home. It is side-by-side with the reference image I used, and it was taken before I started on the interior decoration.

psychicsocial

Post by psychicsocial »

Arianet Indur,

a work-in-progress mesh-mod. She is an OC (original character) of my friend ValÔÇÖs. She is a demon/succubus and has quite the interesting story.

I am creating a mesh-mod of the character for Val as a gift for being the wonderful friend she is. I love the character as well, I find her incredibly interesting. If you like her look or are interested in learning more about her then check out ValÔÇÖs page for her HERE on Tumblr. The textures on the corset are screwed up right now and all the colors/textures need to be changed, and she has tons of bugs so she isn't finished yet.

I should mention that I have spent the last three or so days trying to build her in Blender, and itÔÇÖs been frustrating to say the least. I had many problems trying to find all the right pieces. I then gave in and told Val about her after I had already asked her permission to create a mesh-mod of her OC. She was delighted and gave me a bunch of info about the character so I could get an idea of how she should look. It was exactly what I needed to find the right clothing pieces for her. I am happy with everything I am using now and it all fits quite well. I also had to start all over twice becasue of stupid armature (bone) mistakes on my part. But now she is nearly done, well the modding at least. I still need help from my modding teacher with the clothing bugs, but IÔÇÖd say I am about 85% done with the modding portion of the mesh-mod. Texture work after that^_^

As always the image above is totally un-edited. PLEASE tell me what you think of it! I appreciate any feedback you can give me.