Ringo's WIP

Post your works in progress here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

ssringo

Ringo's WIP

Post by ssringo »

Dwarf Princess from Divinity: Dragon Commander

Things to do

-Fix several weight issues (teeth don't work right, gap between neck and clothes when posing, couple joints are ugly when rotated)
-Rig the hair to not move with her breasts :lol:
-Rig the skirt to move with the legs better or rig it separately. Not sure which would be better
-Add her waist watch, glasses and earring
-Possibly put her in the proper T-pose
-????

My first real attempt at rigging a model (and the model that made me want to start learning). Ported a couple models before but that was pretty much just renaming a few things to make it work in XNALara. This was done with a .obj so it's a custom rig. I was so excited to actually get her in XNALara and posing pretty well that I had to share it.
Last edited by ssringo on Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Ringo's WIP

Post by semory »

Oh this one is Granny 2 engine huh? Did you ask around if there was a solution to the weights problem?
ssringo

Post by ssringo »

It's a custom rig so weight problems are my own doing. Unless you mean original model weights in which case I didn't ask (I did search a bit about ripping from Granny with little luck). No clue about ripping from games myself aside from basic Noesis/umodel stuff. I got the files from a guy on DA. It had a few blends and .psk files but they were messed up beyond my limited capabilities and bone weights were very limited/bad.

I did PM Rexil since he released the Elf Princess a while back but he never replied. I'd love it if I could just straight port the model with everything working though as I like most of the models from the game. Rigging from scratch is for the birds. :XD:
rexil
Porter
Custom Rank: Hu3Hu3

Post by rexil »

you can convert .gr2 to smd and preserve the weights
with gr2tosmd
┬░┬░┬░┬░┬░Why so Serious?┬░┬░┬░┬░┬░
ssringo

Post by ssringo »

Could you provide a link to the program or a download for it? I can't find anything called gr2tosmd. Best I found was grnreader98 which converts but only kinda preserves weights (about the same quality as what was given to me). Also found http://gr2decode.altervista.org/ for SMD tools but it's archived and can't be accessed.