Call of Duty porting

Post your XNALara tutorials here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

trexjones

Call of Duty porting

Post by trexjones »

Okay, so I've started to get a pretty good grip on textures, alphas, normals and the like and want to start porting some more zombies and cool junk from the Call of Duty games, but the thing I'm finding is that a lot of the models, while rigged, don't respond to joint moving in XPS. I'm assuming this is something I'm neglecting to do in the porting process. Basically, using Tom's LIME extractors, I'm getting the models and opening them up in Maya. I drag and drop the appropriate MEL script file, and then export the whole scene to 3DS Max. Everything looks fine, I put the normals and alphas and specs in place, but then after the export to XPS, the bones don't work. It's like they're not actually connected to the mesh itself, which is what I thought the MEL file was meant to do. Can anyone tell me what I'm not doing/doing wrong?
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: Call of Duty porting

Post by thePWA »

Test first in Maya if the bones work after you run the mel files. Select any bone, rotate, drag or whatever. If they work then select everthing in the scene and export as fbx. Don't get your hopes up with the latest cod games extracted with Lime64, most of them have screwed up bone weights and not worth the effort to fix.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
trexjones

Re: Call of Duty porting

Post by trexjones »

Ah! Right! That could explain a few things! Thanks for letting me know, man! Great work on the MGS V ports, too!