Blender: All about UVs

Post your XNALara tutorials here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: Blender: All about UVs

Post by Love2Raid »

Oooh, now I understand what the problem was, for me. I wanted to copy Tina's nails UV from one model to the other, which didn't work. I thought they weren't aligned properly, but that wasn't the problem. It's because one model had hand and foot nails, and the other didn't, and I didn't notice. :lol:

Works perfectly now, thanks Blue. :D

Edit:
There is no need to align them (dunno why I thougt that, probably cause it didn't work), as long as they have the same geometry, it's fine. :)

Edit 2:
Fuuuuuuckity fuck, I was wrong. They do need to be aligned. :facepalm:
Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

Love2Raid wrote:Oooh, now I understand what the problem was, for me. I wanted to copy Tina's nails UV from one model to the other, which didn't work. I thought they weren't aligned properly, but that wasn't the problem. It's because one model had hand and foot nails, and the other didn't, and I didn't notice. :lol:

Works perfectly now, thanks Blue. :D

Edit:
There is no need to align them (dunno why I thougt that, probably cause it didn't work), as long as they have the same geometry, it's fine. :)

Edit 2:
Fuuuuuuckity fuck, I was wrong. They do need to be aligned. :facepalm:
What? so they need to D: ( that explains why some of my UV copy tests on a model didn't work
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

I had them perfectly aligned (more or less :) ) and it still didn't work. I don't know, lol. Better to just use the .obj part, like I told you. :P
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Tried this again with something else, got a facelen doesnt match error :/ Confoosed xD
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

So is this a process that works for fixing UV's which dont' work between .mesh.ascii imports versus .obj imports? I haven't imported the same model to compare them yet, but I know it'll probably something I have to tackle in the near future.

In other words, do .obj imported mesh pieces & .mesh.ascii imported pieces line up correctly so the copy can be performed?
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

If you mean DOA5 models, there is no point in copying the UVs, I tried with Ayane's bandana once but it gave bad UVs, you can scale the obj up to a number (forgot the number but I can tell you later when I check my lappy) and bone weight copy the meshes without UVs :) Ill take some pics if you need help later.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

TRDaz wrote:If you mean DOA5 models, there is no point in copying the UVs, I tried with Ayane's bandana once but it gave bad UVs, you can scale the obj up to a number (forgot the number but I can tell you later when I check my lappy) and bone weight copy the meshes without UVs :) Ill take some pics if you need help later.
Ah ok, so copy bone weights over to the .obj mesh?

Example: There's a briefcase in NG with a couple of bones, but obviously UV's are borked via mesh.ascii import.... So if I understand correctly, Import as .obj, copy weights onto that one?
Bluej97
Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

ProtocolX27 wrote:
TRDaz wrote:If you mean DOA5 models, there is no point in copying the UVs, I tried with Ayane's bandana once but it gave bad UVs, you can scale the obj up to a number (forgot the number but I can tell you later when I check my lappy) and bone weight copy the meshes without UVs :) Ill take some pics if you need help later.
Ah ok, so copy bone weights over to the .obj mesh?

Example: There's a briefcase in NG with a couple of bones, but obviously UV's are borked via mesh.ascii import.... So if I understand correctly, Import as .obj, copy weights onto that one?
yep ! :)
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
ProtocolX27
Porter

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Thank you both! :thumbup:
Bluej97
Porter