Sticklove Fountain of Knowledge

Post your XNALara tutorials here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

Runa

Re: Sticklove Fountain of Knowledge

Post by Runa »

Love2Raid wrote:Ah yes, that button right underneath the image editor window, the one with the little square made out of 4 stripes connected by 4 dots, you must click on that. Everything you select in the 3D window will then be selected in the image editor window, and vice versa. I forgot to mention that since I always have that enabled. :P

You can now select the vertices in the UV map, one by one, and move them to the right place. Yes, the triangle will look like it doesn't fit anymore, you must change the shape with clicking on vertices and dragging them to the corners. I hope it's more clear now. :)

---
Pretty much what Proto said. :XD:
Ah yes, now it's more clear... I think XD thanks!
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

You're welcome! :D

Just rotate the face in face select mode, then go to vertex select mode and move the vertices a bit towards the corners of the 'hole'. Then you can check in the 3D window how it looks. If it's right, spend some more time to put those vertices in the right place. If not, go back to face select mode and rotate again. You can see in the 3D window in which direction the face needs to be rotated, and how much. But if you find that hard to see, just try something till it looks right. :)
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Haha I actually just had this issue last night. I did fix it but not in the way described in the tutorial. I got it close to not having it obvious since it was in the back side of Lili's upper teeth, then as I was fixing her lower teeth I noticed the meshes are still there, just a bit stretched. I previously thought the faces were missing so I tried to recreate them. :oops: I loaded the upperteeth again and fixed it the way I fixed the lower teeth. :D
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Maybe that was just an inverted normal on that polygon? :)
Cause... if you thought it was missing, it might have been facing the other way. Here, the normals aren't inverted or anything, there is just an error in the UV map. :)
Runa

Post by Runa »

The problem is that I keep rotating the face... but still I can't make it look right :( I rotated it in every possible way...
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

How about just moving the vertices around in random order?
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
Runa

Post by Runa »

It's not working either...
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

oh that reminds me... i gotta look at raiden's hair again... lemme see....
Runa

Post by Runa »

I hoped I could just spare you more work since you did so much already >_< but yeah it looks like in blender is pretty hard :\ also... err... there is that other hair that, if I remember well, has the same problem as well D:
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

it's funny cuz i load surface_057 in blender, exported to lightwave, and it looks great :D. but yeah, in blender, one polygon looks funky.