Help request...maybe small tutorial?

Post your XNALara tutorials here!

Moderators: Dazzy, Runa

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: Help request...maybe small tutorial?

Post by thePWA »

Strange I can't get the line textures to export correctly. The models don't have in game spec maps, I just created them off one of the diffuse textures channels in photoshop. Also flipped the channels in the normal maps to make them blue.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
ssringo

Re: Help request...maybe small tutorial?

Post by ssringo »

In my effort to find something to work on that hasn't been done (and actually works for me...) I went back to give Project Diva F 2nd another shot. Running into an issue and I'm not sure what to do or what I'm doing wrong. Here's my process:

1. Follow instructions/use tool from http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=11412 to put the model together
2. Export as .fbx (no textures, I export them separately since it screws up and only gives me hair textures if I do it during model export)
3. Import fbx file into 3ds max 2010
4. Export model as mesh.ascii (using old script that gives material errors but still exports. in another post I was told this was fine)
5. Import into Blender 2.49

The model imports to blender just fine but the skeleton and weights are screwed up. I've tried with several models (including ones already released) as well as single parts of the model (not putting it together) and it never works. I'm obviously screwing something up. Hoping someone that has released PD models can shed some light on the issue here.