Blender General Questions

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Blender General Questions

Post by Dazzy »

The problem here is that you must have removed doubles on that mesh and it ruined the double faces. To make it work okay with back-face culling, you need to flip the triangles as you said you have tried, so that it's visible on one side properly without back-face culling. Then duplicate that mesh and flip the normals, so that you have one part of the mesh facing outwards and the other facing the opposite way. I don't know if that's easy to understand, but I think that's the simplest way I can explain it.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
WuHT
Custom Rank: Soul Calibur Fan

Post by WuHT »

Dazzy wrote:The problem here is that you must have removed doubles on that mesh and it ruined the double faces. To make it work okay with back-face culling, you need to flip the triangles as you said you have tried, so that it's visible on one side properly without back-face culling. Then duplicate that mesh and flip the normals, so that you have one part of the mesh facing outwards and the other facing the opposite way. I don't know if that's easy to understand, but I think that's the simplest way I can explain it.
Thanks Daz

That was what I was attempted to do (force duplicates and then flip them the right orientation).

However, I instead re-exported the model from Noesis to SMD format and opened it up in blender which resulted in the correct triangles (so no holes in the triangles with back face culling).
I snipped off the scarf from the original model and added the new scarf and combined the armature and its working to my satisfaction.

Sometimes the Noesis importer that goes directly from namco's .nmd format into .generic_item has some bugs.
---
I appreciate all help provided
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

heya guys, anyone know why sometimes textures show up white in blender? all I did here was take a textured model, exported it, reimported it back, and when it reimports back, textures are white lol.
blender 2.79a file and textures here
Anx

Post by Anx »

semory wrote:heya guys, anyone know why sometimes textures show up white in blender? all I did here was take a textured model, exported it, reimported it back, and when it reimports back, textures are white lol.
blender 2.79a file and textures here
I know it :pi:
The reason for this is that you was take a textured model, and the author simply unwrapped the models and changed the view to Textured. This is perfectly legit in Blender but really bad practice. Since the objects are already unwrapped, to fix it, just open the texture and change Coordinates under Mapping to UV. Note that this only works when the object's UV map has the appropriate texture displayed in the UV/image editor.

My way to solve it:

Open Google and enter text:
Blender why sometimes textures show up white in blender

Found:
texturing - Wierd problem with textures turning white - Blender Stack ...

Read:
https://blender.stackexchange.com/quest ... 0095#70095

Do it :mrgreen:

Related:
The Blender 3D View Editor shows face textures (texture assigned to faces in UV/Image editor) if you using Multitextured shading. White usually means there aren't any textures assigned.
https://blender.stackexchange.com/quest ... iew-editor
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Thanks Anx. I get it now... I saw that post before but what I really was missing was this:

https://blender.stackexchange.com/quest ... python-api

I really hate Python scripting in Blender :LOL:
Halibelsama

Post by Halibelsama »

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone can help with an eye texture. I was following a tutorial(sort of, more like a walkthrough) about porting xnalara to blender and when it came to the eye part I got so lost. He made the eyes go white and then create another image texture with face_base image and then he successfully created the eyes for the character. I've been fiddling with the nodes of the eyes for awhile now but to no avail I just couldn't get the eyes to come out. If anyone know how to solve this issue please give a reply. Have a nice day.

edit:Solved it somehow after days of finding an eye texture for the eye. Turns out I was focused on eyeshine and not the actual armature such as eye_L and eye_R. I used the texture from face_base image and it created an eye.
The_Chronicle_GER
Custom Rank: Hunter with a dragon

Post by The_Chronicle_GER »

Hey guys, I've got a problem... One that seems not logical to me. I downloaded Blender with mmd import/export ready to convert MMD models to XNALara (follow me!) and to export the models then to XNALara, I need that addon as well. Loading that addon up (from the .zip file) into blender works perfectly, but when I wanna enable that addon, I get an error message. Here's the text of it:
Traceback (most recent call last)
File "[...]/blender-2.72-windows32/2.72/scripts/modules/addon_utils.py", line 299, in enable
File "[...]/blender-2.72-windows32/2.72/scripts/addons/XNALaraMesh/_init_.py", line 57, in <module> from XNALaraMesh import xps_tools
File "[...]/blender-2.72-windows32/2.72/scripts/addons/XNALaraMesh/xps_tools.py", line 3, in <module> from XNALaraMesh import export_xnalara_model
ImportError: cannot import name 'export_xnalara_model'
I tried it with older versions of that script, even with the version the DeviantArt user used in the linked YT video (yes, he made a video tutorial as well) and I still get this error message when trying to enable that addon.

What the heck am I doing wrong? Where's the logical mistake? And, most importantly: How can I fix it?

EDIT: Now I got it enabled. Has done itself when I completly restarted my entire PC :O
Onenkuto

Post by Onenkuto »

kaiser21

Post by kaiser21 »

Hello everyone.

I'd like to ask about a problem I encountered.
I tried importing .fbx model of Kamen Rider: Climax Scramble Zi-O into Blender for exporting to XNALara

But it only managed to load the armature and not the meshes, and it also give me this error message.

Anyone can help?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rkss

Post by Rkss »

Anyone using newest blender 2.80?
I try to move/rotate XPS model (90k Verts model) in viewport shading, dev mode with eevee engine and it's super slow. I got like 2-3 FPS with RX580 and i7 6600k. The problem is I don't see neither GPU/CPU having high loading during the process at all. Am I missing something?

I can move camera around just fine but I can't move this Model and have decent FPS at all.