Blender General Questions

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: Runa, ObscureMemories, Love2Raid

Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Re: Blender General Questions

Postby Dazzy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:45 am

The problem here is that you must have removed doubles on that mesh and it ruined the double faces. To make it work okay with back-face culling, you need to flip the triangles as you said you have tried, so that it's visible on one side properly without back-face culling. Then duplicate that mesh and flip the normals, so that you have one part of the mesh facing outwards and the other facing the opposite way. I don't know if that's easy to understand, but I think that's the simplest way I can explain it.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.

Custom Rank: Soul Calibur Fan

Re: Blender General Questions

Postby WuHT » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:39 am

Dazzy wrote:The problem here is that you must have removed doubles on that mesh and it ruined the double faces. To make it work okay with back-face culling, you need to flip the triangles as you said you have tried, so that it's visible on one side properly without back-face culling. Then duplicate that mesh and flip the normals, so that you have one part of the mesh facing outwards and the other facing the opposite way. I don't know if that's easy to understand, but I think that's the simplest way I can explain it.

Thanks Daz

That was what I was attempted to do (force duplicates and then flip them the right orientation).

However, I instead re-exported the model from Noesis to SMD format and opened it up in blender which resulted in the correct triangles (so no holes in the triangles with back face culling).
I snipped off the scarf from the original model and added the new scarf and combined the armature and its working to my satisfaction.

Sometimes the Noesis importer that goes directly from namco's .nmd format into .generic_item has some bugs.
---
I appreciate all help provided

Previous

Return to General