Does anyone know what this error message means?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

bradG

Does anyone know what this error message means?

Post by bradG »

I get this error when loading every model since I started using the 11.8.0.7 version of XPS about the model ignoring the "root ground" rule. I'm not sure if it's related, but I've also noticed that I can't drag a model with the control plus mouse shortcut in this version, so a model has to be slowly dragged over with the arrow keys.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: Does anyone know what this error message means?

Post by iheartibuki »

Not sure about the root ground, but if you want to drag a model around it's now CTRL + ALT + mouse.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

XNAaraL
XPS Author

Post by XNAaraL »

bradG wrote:Image
I get this error when loading every model since I started using the 11.8.0.7 version of XPS about the model ignoring the "root ground" rule. I'm not sure if it's related, but I've also noticed that I can't drag a model with the control plus mouse shortcut in this version, so a model has to be slowly dragged over with the arrow keys.
Whenever, whenever ... ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8QH93jWZbk

[youtube]w8QH93jWZbk[/youtube]
  • "when loading every model" ??? Can not be true. Try to loading the model "too_lara_1996", shipped with XPS
  • using the 11.8.0.7 version of XPS ??? I have never released this version public ! Tell us, WHO has get it to you ???
  • the model ignoring the "root ground" rule ??? Every "XPS" model should fullfit the "XNALara armature requirements" http://xnalara.home-forum.com/t259-conv ... bones#2088 ... the "root ground rule" is the most important rule !
  • I'm not sure if it's related, but I've also noticed that I can't drag a model with the control plus mouse shortcut ... Right, it's also related to the "root ground rule". In XPS, like in every other MS Windows app, the combo Ctrl+LMB select multiple items (models), to drag (move) this collection at the same time with the Combo Ctrl+Alt+LMB. The "Drag" function do "move" the "root ground bone" of the model(s) .. and the completely bone hierarchy will following the "root ground bone". That's one reason WHY the rule is so important
Abstract:
Do not use such a messy model ... it will caust you in trouble.

BTW:
You image https://ibb.co/dvdxax means
"root ground2" is the wrong bone name. Must be "root ground"
"130" is the wrong (bone) parent index. The root of the armature CANNOT have any parent. Must be "-1"
"0 -0.962633 0" is the wrong "height above the ground (floor)". Must be "0.0 0.0 0.0" This is the XYZ position of the scene center
iheartibuki wrote:Not sure about the root ground, ...
You are joking? Correct ?

Every porter should know the "root ground rule"
Every porter should know "How to fix" it http://xnalara.home-forum.com/t312-root ... e-resolved
Really NO porter should "release" a model which "ignore the root ground rule" and can therfore "caust trouble", otherwise, this porter try to destroy the community ... with full Intention :(
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

XNAaraL, bro, you need to calm down. :XD:

I am aware of the root ground (all my ports have them) but without a model to look at, I don't know how to resolve his problem. If it doesn't exist, of course it needs to be added. I always add my root ground in Blender, I don't use XPS for that.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

XNAaraL
XPS Author

Post by XNAaraL »

iheartibuki , I am very calm. No need to worry.

If U have read my link http://xnalara.home-forum.com/t312-root ... olved#2362
then you can determine that I also add the root ground in Blender, I also don't use XPS for that. ;)

Sometimes I do it just using my text editor (read the link), but right without a model to look at, I also don't know how to resolve his problem. His image show "root ground2" (and a high parent bone index). The same in the "ran76" issue. Therefore, I am sure, his problem can be solve with the same "notepad" procedure :ohn:
I think that my contribution was constructive (of course, I am sure, bradG will never reply ... and tell us "problem solved". I rate his post as a rhetorical question :pi: )
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

Hi XNAaraL, long time no see. How ya been? I thought you retired :LOL: ?
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Post by XNAaraL »

Hi semory, I always watch your site. Right, my latest release (Noesis plugin) was already half a year ago, but in your forum.
A workaholic knows no retirement. :XD:

It is true:
A person who is addicted to working, to the point where their life consists only of work and sleep. They have very few friends, if any, and some rarely see their own families.
Workaholics often suffer from fatigue, sleeping disorders, stress and stress-related ailments, and some eventually work themselves to death. Workaholics are a common sight in some East Asian countries, but are less prevalent in North America and even less in Europe.
:mrgreen: