Xnalara to Blender to Xnalara

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

DeVille
Custom Rank: DanielDiaz<3

Re: Xnalara to Blender to Xnalara

Post by DeVille »

Ems wrote:I dunno how newest blender works, but something like that happened to me a couple of times, I'm still on 2.7x If it's not the same thing, then I can't help in any way.

How is your mesh naming routine? If you're just straight-out convert something from blender to xps, blender can name render group headers automatically in a way xps doesn't like (it doesn't display those meshes later, it's unable to overwrite any made changes or just crashes when you select them from mat. editor). You gotta be neat with mesh naming before you even convert things from blender, preferably just set up a simple one-texture render group (5 or 7 for example), and then apply the rest of textures in xps' material editor, then save and reload the model again.
This was good advice. I went about renaming some parts to try and make them neater and actually sorta got somewhere. The mesh was completely stretched and deformed, but at least I could see it as a pitch black object rather than it just being invisible. Not perfect, but it's something.