Noesis question?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

brionacs
Custom Rank: Whobuki?

Noesis question?

Post by brionacs »

Hi everyone, porter in training Brion here with a relatively noobish question with this tools.

So I've just played Final Fantasy Type-0 and I fell in love with how nice the model are, even though it was for PSP (for now), and I've seen that some people have been able to rig and port the model of this game into Xnalara. Sure, I really wanted to have the models rigged and done completely by those people for me, but I'm seeking for experience and knowledge on how to do this myself.

A'right enough rambling. On to the case:

So after reading information on the here: http://www.pspgweber.com/forums/viewtop ... 34&t=30318 ...about how to view the model of this FF game, I decided to download it and do things myself because I own the copy of the game. So far, I've been able to export the model to .obj and open it in Blender 2.49 (followed carbint's videos on the how-to do them in Blender). At first, the texture was weird for me, but I was able to yadda yadda it by flipping the UV. And this is where my main problem lies:

The model was almost perfect, but there are weird things with the model's eyelashes. For those who have been able to rip this game (or similar one) through Noesis, did I do something wrong in my progress? Here's my setting when I exported it : http://i.imgur.com/jy6Xmf8.png

Lastly, I noticed that there are well-functioned bones that came with the model through Noesis, and I can flip them around with Tools>Data Viewer in Noesis. My question is, is it possible to export the bone along to Blender? Because I've seen that the bones here are already well-positioned like other models that we can find in dA or other sites.

Sorry for the long question(s), but I'm willing to learn, I promise you, senior ;_;

Thanks in advance!
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Re: Noesis question?

Post by RoxasKennedy »

I think eyelashes are fine, Blender usually renders the transparent meshes in a weird way.

And yes, the bones are exportable, you just have to find a correct format to export them to. I usually work with either .dae, .fbx or .psk format.
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
brionacs

Post by brionacs »

RoxasKennedy wrote:I think eyelashes are fine, Blender usually renders the transparent meshes in a weird way.
Oh, is that so? Thank goodness.
RoxasKennedy wrote:And yes, the bones are exportable, you just have to find a correct format to export them to. I usually work with either .dae, .fbx or .psk format.
Hmm... So we can simply export the bone from the Noesis in the same way as the model, only that you change the format from .obj to either three of that? And then you can apply the bones in the Blender just like that :?:
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Yeah, you export it to either .dae, .fbx or .psk to get bones.

BTW the bones aren't seperated from the meshes when extracting, both bones and meshes are exported together into one file.
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

Yeah, eyelashes are fine, it's just Blender's funky way to display transparency :P

I don't really remember which format I used when I converted models from Type-0, I think it was .SMD (but you need an extra plugin to load that into Blender). And yeah, that way you'll import both the bones and the model :P I usually prefer to use the .obj as a base and then copy the weights of the model with the bones to the obj one, but that's just me and you should be able to directly work on the rigged model without any problem :XD:
brionacs

Post by brionacs »

Hmm... I'm afraid I can't quite catch it (welp, my apologize for being so bad at this), but basically I should export the model from Noesis as .dae, .fbx, .psk, or even .smd so that the bones' sticking to its mesh when I open them in Blender?

If so, do I need to add an advanced command when I exported in from Noesis, or I could just leave it at default?
raidergale
Porter
Custom Rank: Marie's my waifu kthx

Post by raidergale »

Yes, indeed, and you shouldn't need any extra commands other than the "Flip UVs" one, but it's been years since I last converted a Type-0 model so I might be wrong :think:

Also, out of those I think the only one natively supported by Blender is .dae, for the others you'll need an additional import script. I've personally never used .dae, but you can try to see if it works fine :) If it doesn't then we'll look into import scripts :P
brionacs

Post by brionacs »

Sorry to interrupt again. Been meaning to post this since 2 days ago, but unable to do so due to some connection problem :(

Unfortunately, it seems that I encountered a problem in opening the .dae problem in the Blender. I tried importing it from Blender and this came out:

And just like it said, I checked the console of the Blender, and this is what I got:

I googled some of the possible solution for that, and I've tried to do what the people from alot of forums suggested (full uninstall and then reinstall the Blender, re-path the Python to Windows' System Variable's path, etc etc), but it still won't do anything for me. Currently, I'm trying to resort to import the model as other possible formats (.psk, .smd, and .fbx) and I'm still in the progress of finding the scripts/plug-in for Blender.

All in all, I hope that there is people that understand what kind of problem is this and what should I do to remedy this. Again, my apologize for asking a lot of question, and thank you in advance :hug2:
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

If you use max I can give a very quick an easy way to do it. I ported quite a few of those models already.
brionacs

Post by brionacs »

riccochet wrote:If you use max I can give a very quick an easy way to do it. I ported quite a few of those models already.
Have yet to try it, but if it's tad easier, I'll probably consider getting it! (btw, by max, everyone do mean Autodesk 3ds Max / this, right?)

Maybe if you're willing to do so, I'm all for learning it! Can you tell me how, either through this thread or PM?