XNAlara Specular Problem

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Lim1tD
Custom Rank: Porter

XNAlara Specular Problem

Post by Lim1tD »

So theres no shine in front of this model but it only shines in the armpits and between the legs. On the left is a model that is completely shiny on the right side is the model thats not shiny. I set the lights to black and turned it all the way up but still it doesnt work, i can only see the shines if I change angles but I want it to be normal.
http://prntscr.com/3v8wwa

The bumps are completely I made sure they weren't orange and the spec maps are really bright.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: XNAlara Specular Problem

Post by thePWA »

Model could have flipped normals if the shine is somewhere opposite of where your light is.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Lim1tD
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Lim1tD »

thePWA wrote:Model could have flipped normals if the shine is somewhere opposite of where your light is.
I just checked, still doesn't work. Nvm i fixed it by opening it up again in 3ds max and doing the same thing over again but with editable mesh.
Runa

Post by Runa »

This issue often happened to me as well when I used to convert models with 3DS Max. I always had to reload it into the program and export all over again being sure that all the specular maps were applied. I still wonder why this happens, but I can't find an answer. Now, if I have to work on a model from Max first, I always import it in blender once converted and finish everything in there.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Probably something wrong with the max script then, you should report it to mariokartn64. :think:
Runa

Post by Runa »

Yeah, might be. Though it's weird because that is totally random and doesn't happen with every model. In my case, the problem was kinda rare.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."