problemo ?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: problemo ?

Post by iheartibuki »

Hmmm even though this is the case there usually aren't any obvious seams when XPS separates meshes out. This is really odd. :?
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Yeah there shouldn't be any visible seams in XPS. :think:
Runa

Post by Runa »

The seams are visible if you export a model again from 3DS Max or blender usually... the only way to remove them is to use the "remove seams between mesh parts" option in XPS or directly in Max/blender before exporting afaik.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Runa wrote:The seams are visible if you export a model again from 3DS Max or blender usually... the only way to remove them is to use the "remove seams between mesh parts" option in XPS or directly in Max/blender before exporting afaik.
All of that did absolutely nothing.

If I export the .mesh as .mesh.ascii and try to fix everything in Blender, the seams return back (unless I'm not fixing the seams the right way in Blender)
And I can't use the Remove Seams option in XPS if I imported a .mesh (it seems to be only working for .mesh.ascii, which doesn't have this problem)

Only thing I found that fixes the seams is to disable normal maps, but who tf wants to do that
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
g0reface
Custom Rank: anti plagiarism porters

Post by g0reface »

3ds max & Noesis exporter ... so i think the problem was in the exporter ( maybe ? )

Runa

Post by Runa »

RoxasKennedy wrote:
Runa wrote:The seams are visible if you export a model again from 3DS Max or blender usually... the only way to remove them is to use the "remove seams between mesh parts" option in XPS or directly in Max/blender before exporting afaik.
All of that did absolutely nothing.

If I export the .mesh as .mesh.ascii and try to fix everything in Blender, the seams return back (unless I'm not fixing the seams the right way in Blender)
And I can't use the Remove Seams option in XPS if I imported a .mesh (it seems to be only working for .mesh.ascii, which doesn't have this problem)

Only thing I found that fixes the seams is to disable normal maps, but who tf wants to do that
That's weird :? Did you merge all the head parts together, removed seams and export? If so then that is the method I always use.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Runa wrote: That's weird :? Did you merge all the head parts together, removed seams and export? If so then that is the method I always use.
Yeah, that is exactly what I did.
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here