XNA Framework 3.0

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

XNA Framework 3.0

Post by semory »

Using 3.1 makes my computer crash... anyone have a link to 3.0?
Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Re: XNA Framework 3.0

Post by Arch-vile »

semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

Cool thanks :-) I will try that in a bit.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

Thank you! It works he he he! Oh wow, this is the first time I've used XNALara.... no IK huh? Do you guys really pose models joint by joint like this???!!!
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

semory wrote:Thank you! It works he he he! Oh wow, this is the first time I've used XNALara.... no IK huh? Do you guys really pose models joint by joint like this???!!!
Yes... yes we do xD I fail at the posing though D: :p
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Arch-vile
Custom Rank: Negative Creep

Post by Arch-vile »

semory wrote:Thank you! It works he he he! Oh wow, this is the first time I've used XNALara.... no IK huh? Do you guys really pose models joint by joint like this???!!!
Your welcome! Just mess around for a little bit, you'll get used to it.
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

I got the XNA framework 3.0 installer on my harddisk, in case anyone needs it in the future. XD

Ah, might as well post a link, here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/pgukpj

In case anyone needs it. :-))
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Hehe welcome to the world of XNALara posing! If this is your first time it may be tough at first, but as with anything you'll get better with it over time. I'm not sure how other posing programs work, with MMD the only other I've ever used and I'm not very fond of it. IMO even though you have to move bones one by one in XNALara, it gives you great and precise control once you get used to it. Personally, I think the implementation of sliders for the X, Y, Z axes is perfect, with number values that you can adjust in small increments to get accurate movements and placements.

There's a version of XPS currently on development on deviantArt that has shortkeys (I believe Q, W, E corresponding to X, Y, Z respectively) you can hold while pressing your left mouse key and sliding your mouse up/down anywhere that allow you to achieve the same movements as the sliders. These are great additions, they say, for folks who are used to using Poser as a posing program.

Good luck on your posing journey!
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Anx

Post by Anx »

iheartibuki wrote:
Hehe welcome to the world of XNALara posing! If this is your first time it may be tough at first, but as with anything you'll get better with it over time. I'm not sure how other posing programs work, with MMD the only other I've ever used and I'm not very fond of it. IMO even though you have to move bones one by one in XNALara, it gives you great and precise control once you get used to it. Personally, I think the implementation of sliders for the X, Y, Z axes is perfect, with number values that you can adjust in small increments to get accurate movements and placements.

There's a version of XPS currently on development on deviantArt that has shortkeys (I believe Q, W, E corresponding to X, Y, Z respectively) you can hold while pressing your left mouse key and sliding your mouse up/down anywhere that allow you to achieve the same movements as the sliders. These are great additions, they say, for folks who are used to using Poser as a posing program.

Good luck on your posing journey!
XNALara has also this shortkeys :P
Press Numpad1, 2 or 3 AND drag with left mouse button to rotate the bone around the X, Y or Z axis. This way you can control the skeleton entirely from the 3D window.

I miss inverse kinematics :x
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Anx wrote:
XNALara has also this shortkeys :P
Press Numpad1, 2 or 3 AND drag with left mouse button to rotate the bone around the X, Y or Z axis. This way you can control the skeleton entirely from the 3D window.

I miss inverse kinematics :x
Whoa! You're right. I'm right handed though, plus my laptop keyboard does not come with dedicated numpad keys, so having the option to have the keys assigned to the left side of the keyboard helps. Besides, as I've said, I prefer using the sliders. Got so used to it now I probably wouldn't choose any other way of doing it. ;)
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."