FF Dissidia 012 Texture problems. Help please.

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

coldtoaster

FF Dissidia 012 Texture problems. Help please.

Post by coldtoaster »

I used Noesis to export a model into an smd with uv flipped, -scale 20 and -90 rotated. When i import smd into Blender, it looks normal. The problem is applying the textures. I would use the uv map tool, and try to add the image texture but it turns out all distorted, and i can't seem to grasp on how to add multiple texture images to 1 model.

I'm not sure if it's supposed to look like that. So when i go in edit mode, and apply the textures this is what i get. The parts seem to attach to their respective places, but areas that are not covered, will be covered with whats there. The two other image texture files are below.

I literally started Blender and modeling yesterday and i can't do shet. Some other people i found, seem to have used 3ds Max to create new materials, diffuse material. Or others just used Maya. sigh. I've posted on relevant various forums and still no luck.

Edit: tried in 3ds Max 2010 as well... Same result. I think i have to break down the model or something first. Idk.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: FF Dissidia 012 Texture problems. Help please.

Post by iheartibuki »

SMD tends to get exported as one mesh so if your model uses several textures/materials it will only use one. Try exporting the model as OBJ too then just do a bone weight copy.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

coldtoaster

Post by coldtoaster »

Finally a reply! So if i export it as an obj and do a bone weight copy. What do i do with the smd files. I thought you need the smd, compile qc and the smd exported into a mdl using Wunderboy's MDL exporter? (which is the format i need to use it in Valve's DotA 2 workshop tools.)

Or does it mean after i copy the bone weight of the obj, i apply it to the sdm mesh?..

edit:

I imported the obj file and it seemed to have divided into 4 meshes. 3rd is the independent sword, and im not sure what the 4th one is supposed to be.

edit 2: Farrrk i did it, i think

Sorry, but i have few more questions if you don't mind answering.

1. What do i do with bones that have no weight? Like wep03 or camera2 and stuff.
2. Now i can just get to the animating (experimenting stuff with pose mode?) and qc stuff ae, or am i missing some steps?
3. How do i get rid of that chunky grey edges on the sword and some other places. Or is that just a visual thing on Blender like i see people having trouble with hair and transparency.
4. What do i do with the rda file, any way i can open it and use those existing animations i exported with the smd?
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

I can only answer #3 so if you're rendering, you have to make use of the alpha channels in the textures that come with the sword. How, there's an option somewhere in Blender (can't remember, might want to Google that) so that it hides that "gray chunk" when you render.

BTW if nobody responds to your questions, it doesn't mean that people are ignoring you just for the sake of it, it simply means that they do not know what the answer is. :)
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

coldtoaster

Post by coldtoaster »

Alpha channels huh. Ok thanks again.