Mesh parts disappearing after editting in Blender.

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Kcthanagarathos
Custom Rank: God of Alignment

Mesh parts disappearing after editting in Blender.

Post by Kcthanagarathos »

I have this model that I'm trying to edit, and I wanted to fix parts of her in Blender. After editting, saving, and exporting back it looks fine in XNA, but once I save it like normal this happens?

The file can be found here if you want to inspect it yourself. http://kaiology.deviantart.com/art/Hel- ... -486018487
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: Mesh parts disappearing after editting in Blender.

Post by thePWA »

Not sure what you want to happen... I exported it from xps as generic_item.mesh ascii and imported it to blender 2.49b using importer version 1.7 it looks fine. I exported that from blender using exporter version 2.2, opened it in xps it still looks fine. What exactly did you edit?
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Kcthanagarathos
Custom Rank: God of Alignment

Post by Kcthanagarathos »

thePWA wrote:Not sure what you want to happen... I exported it from xps as generic_item.mesh ascii and imported it to blender 2.49b using importer version 1.7 it looks fine. I exported that from blender using exporter version 2.2, opened it in xps it still looks fine. What exactly did you edit?
I did the exact same thing you did. In blender I just edited some of the vertexes (mainly on her hand) and that's all.

EDIT: I tried it once more and re-did the steps and it worked fine. Why didn't it work the first time?
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

the reason why is because if you look in the mesh ascii a lot of them mesh names are assigned the same name:

"24_Material176!wrong!_0.1_16_16"

by renaming them i got them to show up. every mesh should have it's own material. do not share material objects. either that or the blender exporter is messed up. something could be up with the way you name things in your blend file as well. without your original blend file, it's kind of hard to tell.