can someone take a look at this mesh ascii?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

can someone take a look at this mesh ascii?

Post by rballad »

the meshes have 3 textures (diffuse, lightnap and bump map). i used the render group 2 for the body and render group 8 for hair unfortunately the body looks dark and hair is transparent in xnalara. i will send the model if someone is willing to check it out

rballad

Re: can someone take a look at this mesh ascii?

Post by rballad »

this one 4 for body and clothes; and 6 for hair and feather. too shiny
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

What's the problem with the first one? The different colored textures?

I wouldn't recommend using render groups 4 and 6 as your final render groups because of the shine - they are very derp (dirt) null-y! You should use 24 (or 25 if you have alphas) whenever you get the chance so you can make and use your own spec maps and make adjustments to them too. These render groups also require a lightmap texture, which you can keep as pure white -1 lightness (don't use pure white as XNALara/XPS does not like that and will either render your textures black or invisible), or better yet, bake your own. 8-)
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

rballad

Post by rballad »

iheartibuki wrote:What's the problem with the first one? The different colored textures?

These render groups also require a lightmap texture, which you can keep as pure white -1 lightness (don't use pure white as XNALara/XPS does not like that and will either render your textures black or invisible), or better yet, bake your own. 8-)
are you inferring that the black textures and invisible mesh in the first picture are because the lightmap texture is pure white?
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

If anything is pure white, as in if you do a color dropper on a part of the texture and it says 255, 255, 255 then you have a pure white texture. XPS/XNALara does not like any of it's textures pure white. You can set either a brightness/hue-saturation layer on top of them and set either brightness or lightness to -1. The "darkening" is not noticeable at all.

Now as to whether that is your issue, I don't know. You have to be more descriptive as I personally don't know what's wrong with that pic, just inferred it from the image.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."