Newbie questions about XNA

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Oblix_88768

Newbie questions about XNA

Post by Oblix_88768 »

Hi. I have never used this before but am very curious to. I just had some questions (for now) :

Is clothing moveable/morphable? it seems they remain static. If they can be moved around with or adjusted or changed in anyway can you give me the method? would I need another program? if so which one?

Do you only usually use just the XNA Lara program or do you need other programs to make it work better also? can things be imported? is that normal?

Are the general environments and props and models for this program all free for anyone to get from anywhere? I was told they are. Is this true?

Thankyou all.
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: Newbie questions about XNA

Post by Love2Raid »

Welcome!

1. If clothing has been rigged (with bones), you can pose it, for example a skirt or a long coat. There is no other way to modify clothing in this program (although you can hide/unhide items). You could import the model into another program to make further edits, like Blender or 3ds Max.
2. You need to install some Microsoft XNA framework stuff to make it work, look here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=147100
3. It should be all free. If someone asks for money or any other favour in return, look elsewhere.

Good luck.
Oblix_88768

Re: Newbie questions about XNA

Post by Oblix_88768 »

K thanks I guess its not possible on regular XNA Lara. Do you know how exactly you could change clothing around in the other programs like blender like you mentioned. Have you ever done it?