Trouble importing an .xps file?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

CottonAlpaca

Trouble importing an .xps file?

Post by CottonAlpaca »

Welp, the title says it all lol.

The problem is that the model I have doesn't have it's .mesh file...
I read somewhere that it's because the model is not "prepared"/"adapted" for XNAlara or something like that.
I've seen everywhere that you can "convert" it or something like that by yourself but you must load it in XNALara for that??
But I can't open it in XNALara so how am I supposed to be able to if I can't?

I have Blender, but it needs to be in .obj for it to load it.
(I'm mostly into 3D modeling for the MikuMikuDance program, which is why I'm talking about .obj for Blender, if you wonder why, and I have a specific way to import>export files to be able to load a model in MMD.)

Can anyone help me?
Maybe there' another programm that could open it or somethin? D:

Thanks in advance.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: Trouble importing an .xps file?

Post by thePWA »

Is that model even for xps? Any responsible porter wouldn't release a model without a .mesh, .mesh.ascii or .xps file in the model directory. All you gotta do is Load Generic Item and you're good to go.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

last i checked you could rename xxx.xps to xxx.mesh and xps will still load it. tis same binary format... contains "option data" followed by traditional xnalara mesh data (minus tangents). so you don't need .mesh file if you have the .xps file because that is the mesh file.

some screencaps of what you're trying to do would help greatly.
CottonAlpaca

Post by CottonAlpaca »

thePWA : Load generic item..? I'm a total newbie with 3D modeling...Well there IS a .xps file and it's named xps.xps...you'll see in the screenshot down there.

semory : I tried changing the xxx.xps file into xxx.mesh and it still gets me the same error message. Screenshots of what I do to load it. (I can load any other model that has it, I tried.)

My folder to show you how it looks like:

What I do to load a model :

The error message I get with this one :

Hope this is enough to help you understand my problem. :/
Neof06

Post by Neof06 »

go to config -> unselect show warning
CottonAlpaca

Post by CottonAlpaca »

Neof06 : Hem, there is nothing for that..? And I doubt not showing me the error message will allow me to actually open it..
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

From the looks of it, it seems like you're using XNALara and not XPS, hence why it doesn't recognize the .xps model
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
CottonAlpaca

Post by CottonAlpaca »

Oh? I thought it was the same program? Lol derp

I can't seem to find something to actually OPEN an .xps file...what are you guys using for it? QAQ
Ems
Porter
Custom Rank: Stashing stuff I like.

Post by Ems »

I's as Roxy says. You've got some old version of the studio. Fyi: xps xnalara/xnalara are two different things. XNALara 9.7.8 is unsupported for many years already and models are now prepared in mind for XPS, so check your version.

Both programs have so much to do with 3D "modeling", as me and math. I hate math. I sometimes I have to count things and XPS can perform some basic operations, and some script support.

Get latest XPS and treat is as something of a 3D room for model viewing/posing, not some scary monster ;)
CottonAlpaca

Post by CottonAlpaca »

Ohhhh okay well I just found out that I was using the 9.something version (which I found on the official site..?) and apparently there are more versions that came out after that...
So now I CAN load my model in XNA, but I can't find how to export it as an .obj file....anyone knows how? omg I'm so sorry for being such a n00b lol xD