Noesis - Not functional Skeleton

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

WuHT
Custom Rank: Soul Calibur Fan

Noesis - Not functional Skeleton

Post by WuHT »

I'm at the beginning step of trying to port SC5 Nightmare over but his skeleton appears to be non-functional (I don't know how to describe this so please take a look at the picture).

http://imgur.com/a/1tLGi
The first picture is the picture of the preview in Noesis (4.28)
The 2nd picture is the base model for customizing nightmare (so he only has his chest armor and monster claw and everything else is just base human), and yet the skeleton appears to be able to function properly.
The 3rd picture is the converted mesh.ascii file opened in Blender (2.78)

An example of the blender posing issue is that, if I adjust the finger digits closest to the wrist, it doesn't automatically adjust the digits connected (I think parent issue)

Is there a method of (slowly) properly connecting the skeleton together or is this model simply too damaged / erroneously ported over from the original game source .nmd file ?

I ask those with experience: Would just parenting bones over and over again (which i'm willing to do) be a practical solution, or are there other issues that I cannot see.

If this involves adjusting weights and vertices its probably way beyond what i can do at the moment.
---
I appreciate all help provided
WuHT
Custom Rank: Soul Calibur Fan

Re: Noesis - Not functional Skeleton

Post by WuHT »

well apparently just individually parenting each bones gave a satisfactory result.

This was just a tougher model since each bone was a trial and error and the textures of the armor wasn't obvious.

Does the tail co-ordinate of the bone have any function?
---
I appreciate all help provided