different poses with obj or stl

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

tr1ck5ter

different poses with obj or stl

Post by tr1ck5ter »

1st im a newbie to this modeling but willing to learn ive got obj and stl files but some of them i dont like the poses i have like t pose is there a program were i can change the poses to a different 1 like lower the arms to make them look more natural plz help a newbie out thx
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: different poses with obj or stl

Post by ProtocolX27 »

There isn't really any easy way to do this, but there are some shortcuts. This is a more of an medium to advanced task, but if you are will to jump off the deep end right away it is a good skill to have.

My preferred method at present is to use and existing model that has vertex weights. Use an existing armature or by scaling match the target OBJ mesh. Once you do this can copy weights onto the one you want to paint. This is a bit tricky if you are new to this, so I can help walk you through the process, but it'll take a few steps. Will you be working with Blender and do you have a file with say a character model that you can use as a reference?
tr1ck5ter

Post by tr1ck5ter »

are you anygood at rigging lol
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

From scratch? Not really. I can do it, but the only thing I've rigged from scratch wasn't even a full body, it was only a step up from a basic stick figure. That's why I prefer to use existing models as a weight reference and leverage some of Blender's tools to increase the chance of making a more use-able model.