Bending Knees Makes the Model Float

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

mental-hygiene
Custom Rank: Newbie

Bending Knees Makes the Model Float

Post by mental-hygiene »

Hello all,

I'm a new user to XNAlara and animation in general, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. Googling this issue yielded nothing helpful.

So I've downloaded premade pose sequences and models and have been playing around with them. They work great, and all is well, with one small exception: whenever the movement requires the model to squat or bend the knees, the model's hips stay stationary and the feet float in the air. It's like the model's feet don't "recognize" where the ground is.

Here's a screenshot to better describe what I mean: https://i.imgur.com/V6rs26h.

Similarly, when I manually pose a model and bend its knees, the knees bend and the hips stay in place. Is this expected behavior? It works like this on the other models I've played around with, too.
Ems
Porter
Custom Rank: Stashing stuff I like.

Re: Bending Knees Makes the Model Float

Post by Ems »

Hello there major.

Normal behavior, we don't have IK here, XPS is super basic. Move character up/down either by moving the root ground or the root hips bone (I recommend to operate root hips bone as it's in the intuitive center of the model). Or just use height slider (fourth slider).
mental-hygiene
Custom Rank: Newbie

Re: Bending Knees Makes the Model Float

Post by mental-hygiene »

Thanks so much for the response! I was afraid I was missing an important feature. :)