False positives incoming!

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

The_Chronicle_GER
Custom Rank: Hunter with a dragon

False positives incoming!

Post by The_Chronicle_GER »

I just closed my XNALara program 'cause I need the computer power for something different and right on the nose, my Avast! Free Antivirus jumped onto my screen and said that XNALara contains a virus - so it wanted to push the .exe file of this program into the virus container. Since I know that Dusan and XNAaraL are the "masterminds" behind the program now, I do assume that this is a false positive caused by my antivirus software. I made an exception in it and I do hope this will fix it until there's a new version of either the antivirus software, the program or both.

I also want to know if other antivirus software had/have that reaction as well. And: Where can that come from?
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Re: False positives incoming!

Post by MisterHentai »

Been using basic MSE (Windows 7) and Windows Security (Windows 10) forever and never had a virus problem with XPS.

Itself randomly crashing and corrupting, sure, but a virus, nope. :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Anx

Post by Anx »

The_Chronicle_GER wrote:I just closed my XNALara program 'cause I need the computer power for something different and right on the nose, my Avast! Free Antivirus jumped onto my screen and said that XNALara contains a virus - so it wanted to push the .exe file of this program into the virus container. Since I know that Dusan and XNAaraL are the "masterminds" behind the program now, I do assume that this is a false positive caused by my antivirus software. I made an exception in it and I do hope this will fix it until there's a new version of either the antivirus software, the program or both.

I also want to know if other antivirus software had/have that reaction as well. And: Where can that come from?
Are you sure that positives incoming is False?

I recommend to re-downloading your XPS version (http://core-design.com/community_xps.html), and checking this with your AV. If the freshly downloaded version is safe, and the version on your hard drive is not save, then your computer has a virus (from another source) and has already infected your system (and XPS too).
Do a full scan of your system with AV.
The_Chronicle_GER
Custom Rank: Hunter with a dragon

Post by The_Chronicle_GER »

Did a full scan (as start-up scan; this takes place when the computer is booting Windows) and there was a porting tool which my AV always identifies as virus.

Also just re-downloaded the program and... the version on my HDD had a virus in it since the freshly downloaded version didn't have it. Interestingly enough, the virus caught was appearently sleeping somewhere in my systen since November 2018 (the virus is IDP.Generic; my AV didn't find a thing and the other file containing that virus was in the virus container all the time) and caught my XNALara_XPS.exe about two weeks ago. But I honestly don't remember where I could've caught that thing...

And after I pushed the infected file into the virus container, my complete folder is blocked - I can't move the fresh .exe file in there! This sure looks like a big problem here...
SteeLisPain7

Post by SteeLisPain7 »

Good thing I don't use anti-virus, window defender is better.