Models getting all wonky

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

bandit7319

Models getting all wonky

Post by bandit7319 »

I've just started working on XNALara stuff again after a hiatus, but I'm running into a weird problem whenever I try to move any figure's parts! Observe the attachment. This happens as I rotate her thigh and it gets progressively worse the more I rotate it. I figure this is just an easy setting change to make but I'm not sure what that change is. I appreciate any help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Models getting all wonky

Post by semory »

where did you get the model from?
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Post by XNAaraL »

1th issue --> https://xnalara.forumotion.com/t317-poses-error
2nd issue --> https://www.deviantart.com/xnafreak/jou ... -665435843

Explanation:
Both incidents look similar, but show differences in the picture and have different causes.
The first issue shows a wrong posing of the model and a matching wrong posed shadow !!!
The second issue shows a wrong posing of the model but a right posed shadow !!!

The image by bandit7319 unfortunately does not exactly shows the shadow. So I can not say whether it is the first problem or whether it shows the second problem.

The first problem is caused by using the wrong .NET Framework (4.x). Microsoft had changed the "culture settings" Methode from NET 3.x to 4.x :( So, if you have rotate the thigh by (let saying) 3.14 degree; and your Windows culture setting is Europe, Africa, South America, French Canada ...(Decimal separator is comma and not point), then the NET Framework 4.x parse this value 3.14 as 314,0 degree and NET 3.x parse it as 3.14 degree !! As result, the pose for the model and the pose for the shadow is wrong (by the same values).
The solution is to enable / install the .NET Framework 3.5

The second problem is caused by Windows 10 and a wrong video card Driver (mostly a internal / shared Intel GPU).
The material settings for the surface of the model (XPS Render Group Number eq RG) required a working shader model 3 (which is the BUG of the Windows 10 driver), so the the model cannot be posed right (The GPU makes the posing and the shader model 3 do crash).
The shadow use just the RG 7_ and this Render Group required just a model 2 shader. So the model pose is wrong (posing in shader 3 crashed / failed) and the shadow pose is right (shader model 2 works for Intel GPU and Windows 10).
To find a "workaround", read the jounal made by "Eva Lu Ator" --> https://www.deviantart.com/xnafreak/jou ... -665435843
bandit7319

Post by bandit7319 »

Sorry for being MIA, but I appreciate the input! The computer I was working on randomly crashed and is off to repairs lol. It was my work computer so perhaps that was their way of saying "Don't do that." Who knows what policies and settings are included in the PC images. Thanks anyway!