How do I hide a body part / limb

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

BBall

How do I hide a body part / limb

Post by BBall »

For Example: I have a model and want to remove the arm but not the hands. How can I remove individual sections?
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: How do I hide a body part / limb

Post by semory »

If the hands are part of the same mesh as the arms I do believe that would require modding. If different meshes, you can go into the Material Editor in XPS and make the unwanted mesh "optional."

See here...
https://xnalara.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1440
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Re: How do I hide a body part / limb

Post by XNAaraL »

If the hands are part of the same mesh as the arms, you can go into the 'Control Window' in XPS and press the button until it is labeled 'Scale' and scale two of the tree axis to zero size for the unwanted mesh ('arm').

Or, you can go into the 'Modify-->Material Editor' in XPS and mark the unwanted mesh 'transparency'. Now edit the "diffuse" texture in Photoshop / GIMP by adding a 'alpha' (transparent) layer to make the unwanted mesh "hidden".

In both cases, you have now a new 2nd mesh. The first with arm; ther 2nd without arm.
Spoiler "Optional items"
If you want to toogle between the state with arm(s) and without arms, then:
- hidde all other meshes and save the new mesh as new model, using the option 'only visible items'. The nest step is to merge the old model (hand with arm) and the new model (hand without arm) using 'XPS-->Modify-->Export scene as .mesh' https://www.deviantart.com/grummel83/ar ... -620553955
- Use the Material Editor in XPS and set the 'Render parameters' for the mesh 'hand#with#arm' to "+" "arms" "hand#with#arm" and the the 'Render parameters' for the mesh 'hand#without#arm' to "-" "arms" "hand#without#arm"