Question About Separating Body Parts

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Schadenfreude

Question About Separating Body Parts

Post by Schadenfreude »

So I've been looking to do some action scenes/sword fights in XNALara, and had a question about how to separate body parts so that I can remove a character's arm and have it lying on the ground separate from the rest of the model, for example.

As far as I know, XNALara doesn't have the capability to actually separate a mesh or body part, only hide it or scale it down until it can't be seen. I have Blender, which I believe can separate meshes into multiple objects, but I'm a complete Blender noob and am having a lot of trouble figuring out how to accomplish this.

Any help on the easiest way to do this or links to tutorials would be much appreciated!

Thanks
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Re: Question About Separating Body Parts

Post by XNAaraL »

Schadenfreude wrote:So I've been looking to do some action scenes/sword fights in XNALara, and had a question about how to separate body parts so that I can remove a character's arm and have it lying on the ground separate from the rest of the model, for example.

As far as I know, XNALara doesn't have the capability to actually separate a mesh or body part, only hide it or scale it down until it can't be seen. I have Blender, which I believe can separate meshes into multiple objects, but I'm a complete Blender noob and am having a lot of trouble figuring out how to accomplish this.

Any help on the easiest way to do this or links to tutorials would be much appreciated!

Thanks
In XNALara, a application written by Dusan using the Microsoft "XNA Game Studio" and the Microsoft "XNA redistributable 3.5", there is no option to hide or scale a single body part.

In XPS (XNA Posing Studio), a application written by XNAaraL using the Microsoft "XNA Game Studio" and the Microsoft "XNA redistributable 3.5" and the "Look and Feel" from XNALara, there is an option to hide/resize/scale a single body part.

There is also an option in XPS to separate body parts :roll: