Get bones..?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Taira2032
Custom Rank: Ipsissima

Get bones..?

Post by Taira2032 »

How do I put bones from one model to another? Some simple way in XNALara itself?
I have this head here but it has only root, and theres another fully rigged. So how do I make the head/face bones go to the root-only head and work?

I tried, fit both heads on one another and do the merge all visible models saving as generic_item mesh, and then reset the scene and load it but... nope, even if it says it merges models, the bones wont move the one face. I also tried saving both as generic item mesh ascii, and then in notepad copy the head bones from the rig and paste repace in the one that hasn't but that didnt work either. The bone tree did show up but nothing's moving (yk eyes, mouth, jaw, etc) :S
There are tons of tutorials on how to rig but since here we already have a ready 'skeleton' how do you just put it on it? I just want the one head with the bones of the other.

There are tons of tutorials on rigging models in other programs but strangely none really explains how to get models back in xnalara with the bones, everyone is about from xnalara to blender, MMD, etc. and wanting to use the models with other posing programs than xnalara :/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Re: Get bones..?

Post by XNAaraL »

Taira2032
Custom Rank: Ipsissima

Post by Taira2032 »

Why thank you good sir, you just answered my biggest struggle for the entire past 6 months! Now just to figure out where the posed and tposed exports to .mesh are in 11.8 XNAlara lol I think in 11.8 it's only "merge all visible models"..

And finally, minimal job in Blender ever, and I think actually even C4D or Daz have such bone weigh copy function, seems a fundamental basic most 3D softwares have o.0

Thanks again, finally I think the days of damn boneless .obj-s are over :XD: :XD:
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Post by XNAaraL »

Facepalm
"to figure out where the posed and tposed exports to .mesh.ascii"

Quoting https://xnalara.forumotion.com/t113-onl ... nalara-8-8 (Sep 25, 2010 10 ears ago): And there's a new hotkey Shift+F11 for the export of the posed generic mesh (F11 exports a T-pose as before).

"to figure out where the posed and tposed exports to .mesh"
Modify-->Save Generic_Item ...
posed

unposed

BTW:
XPS 11.8 ? Jul 17, 2016 ??
Go away ... that's was 4 years ago
Currently we have
XPS 11.8.9 Feb 20, 2020