how to resolve this problem?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Teddy115

Post by Teddy115 »

I need a help! I converted a model on 3ds max to Xnalara but when i choose change materials appears that options on red box. i want to know why is different from others and why when i try to change shows a error about Value Maximum and Minimum?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
XNAaraL
XPS Author

Re: how to resolve this problem?

Post by XNAaraL »

Teddy115 wrote:I need a help! I converted a model on 3ds max to Xnalara but when i choose change materials appears that options on red box. i want to know why is different from others and why when i try to change shows a error about Value Maximum and Minimum?
You really use the 3DSMAX I/O scripts made by mariokart64n to convert a model to "XNALara / XPS" ? Really ?
You know this guy mariokart64n saying "Stop Using XPS"
And you use his tool to convert models to my XPS :lol: (XNALara has no "Material Editor"; thats a XPS feature)?

To answer your question:
Your converted model has mesh part names like "5_Mat_11046_5.0_0_0_0"

The 1th Render parameter 11046 is out of range.
The range for "specular highlights" in XPS is between 0 .. 100 (1 is equal 100% - so 100 is 10000% more than enaught - nobody needs 1,104,600% eq 1 Million Percent)

BTW:
You have used "Render Group Number" (RG) 5 :ohn:
RG 5 dont use this "specular highlight" parameter, because RG 5 is a "shadingless" material without any Phong or BlinnÔÇôPhong reflection.
The correct mesh part name must be
5_mat
or
5_mat_0
or
5_mat_0_0_0
or
5_mat_0_0_0_camera1_bone0

Open the .mesh.ascii file with a text editor and edit the wrong values,
or ask the XPS developer to implement an algorithm to automatically fix such corrupt models,
or ask mariokart64n to fix his 3DS script.
Last edited by XNAaraL on Thu May 20, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teddy115

Post by Teddy115 »

Thanks, it help a lot! i use the 3DS script that you said, it work normally to me!
Aliyaa
Custom Rank: 12

Post by Aliyaa »

Teddy115 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:17 am I need a help! I converted a model on 3ds max to Xnalara but when i choose change materials appears that options on red box. i want to know why is different from others and why when i try to change shows a error about Value Maximum and Minimum?
Hello guys

It seems that when converting a model from 3ds Max to Xnalara, you encounter an issue with changing materials.