Rigging question : Creating working gun parts

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Rigging question : Creating working gun parts

Post by thePWA »

I'm trying to rig an UMP with the following parts... bolt, fire selector, folding stock and trigger. Set up the rig as root ground--->arm right weapon---> bolt, selector, stock, trigger. Rotation and bone movement works fine when I test it standalone but when attached to the arm right wrist bone all the rotation points go screwed (bolt slides off-mesh, trigger rotates the other way etc.). Is there a way to make sure the rotations stay exactly where they need to be even when attached to another model's skeleton?
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Re: Rigging question : Creating working gun parts

Post by PoophairJones »

thePWA wrote:I'm trying to rig an UMP with the following parts... bolt, fire selector, folding stock and trigger. Set up the rig as root ground--->arm right weapon---> bolt, selector, stock, trigger. Rotation and bone movement works fine when I test it standalone but when attached to the arm right wrist bone all the rotation points go screwed (bolt slides off-mesh, trigger rotates the other way etc.). Is there a way to make sure the rotations stay exactly where they need to be even when attached to another model's skeleton?
Have you tried your mesh in XNALara already? Blender sometimes screws the root positions when you add sth to a armature or sth^^
So try it in XNA...if it's still screwed a screenshot would help ><
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: Rigging question : Creating working gun parts

Post by thePWA »

.:Someone:. wrote:Have you tried your mesh in XNALara already? Blender sometimes screws the root positions when you add sth to a armature or sth^^
So try it in XNA...if it's still screwed a screenshot would help ><
Had tried it with xnalara but actually just found out a simple yet working solution for it.

Before I was posing the model's arm afterwards I posed the gun parts... messed up rotations. What I did was pose the gun parts after loading the model then pose the model's arm, gun parts still remained in their correct locations. :D
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!