Blender General Questions

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Re: Blender General Questions

Post by rballad »

i convertod some xnalara models to SMD using 3ds max smd exporter when i opened the smd files in blender, there are some bones that need to be parented. the problem is, somehow the smd exporter created an object 001 bone, which controls the right elbow area of the mesh. anyone know what's the cause and how to fix it ? i will be really grateful
Mystie wrote:
But now I've run into another problem: It doesn't export my models with meshes or textures. For a test, I'm using a pair of bananas from Super Mario Sunshine, and since Blender 2.49's interface feels very complicated to me, I import the model into 2.68 first, add the root bone there, and then open the .blend file with 2.49. However, when I do, the model appears as a wireframe only, even when I choose to display as textured or solid. I watched a tutorial on how to apply textures in 2.49, and that still didn't work, as it exported the model without textures. Then when I imported it into XPS using Load Generic_Item, it listed the model name and the root bone, but the model did not show up.
i had this problem too, i found a solution here.
http://moogleoutfitters.deviantart.com/ ... -454291865
I must warn you though, you won't be able to use newer versions of blenders, because they need +3.xx phyton to work

@runa, thanks for the answer
Runa

Post by Runa »

Uhm, what if you rename that vertex group 'arm right elbow'? Before doing that, check if you have it already... if you do, see how it looks in the Weight Paint mode. If it looks okay and even moves correctly with the elbow bone, I suppose you could remove both bone and vertex group for that ' Object 001'. If the elbow bone or the elbow vgroup is missing (or even both), you can try renaming vgroup and bone from Object 001 to arm right elbow.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Straight Edge
Custom Rank: Steward

Post by Straight Edge »

Can anyone please tell me how I can go about correcting this problem?

It happens after I export the model from Blender after having separated or merged different meshes. :?
Runa

Post by Runa »

Uhm, that kinda looks like a weighting problem. I'd suggest you to first check the model before the convertion/edit/whatever you did. If it worked with no issues at all, then you could try to do the same thing again. If the model was already like that... I'm afraid the only way would be to repaint the weights on the hand/fingers, which is a bit tricky.

Also, in blender, check the bones in edit mode and see if they are correctly parented.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Oyikell

Post by Oyikell »

Hello ladies and gentleman... I have a problem and I really hope you can answer to my prays.... :XD:

Ok, in these past weeks I've been working in some mesmods.... I've used some body parts from different characters(all female, just in case you're wondering)... the raw sketch looked really good so I decided to construct the meshmod in the right way. The thing is that the UV of the shoulder of this new meshmod(borrowed from a Tekken character) is extremely different in comparison with the rest of the body (which mostly... are body parts from different DOA characters).

I decided to take a deeper look and I discovered that the UV of the shoulder was unwrapped from the side, streched and the normal was baked with that UV configuration. I tried to use the clone mapping from newer versions of blender but the results were dissapointing (it paints the map in the new UV but takes the source UV as basis, I don't know if I explained it right.... :? ). Next step, was to try to bake the normals as a normal texture in another exact mesh (with exact same polycount but unwrapped differently) using blender internal(I can't use cycles because my video card does not support it :( ). I followed almost all of the steps because when I press the "Bake" button, just pass few minutes before Blender crashes.

From this point, I don't have any more ideas. Can you recommend me some other procedure??. I don't want to use Zbrush or some other complicated program to do this.

Please, any idea can help(except to quit :XD: ), if it does not solve my problem instantly, at least will give some info to explore other options and combine them.

Thank you
Runa

Post by Runa »

Guys I have a question.

Models from Assassin's Creed Unity are finally extractable, but apparently Arno's hair can't be extracted properly (and the tool's creator said the hair is what it is, thus I suppose he doesn't know what's going on with it).

This is what happens:

My question: is it possible to 'fill' this mesh properly in blender, or something? I thought the game was using some kind of new hair method considering the next gen stuff, but other hair loads fine just like any normal mesh, so... what the hell lol.
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Are they any faces? Or is that just vertices? Pressing F can create faces on the model, using the vertices there.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
Runa

Post by Runa »

Only vertices. I tried the F thing but didn't work :|
Bluej97
Porter
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Bluej97 »

Runa wrote:Only vertices. I tried the F thing but didn't work :|
i think it only works in 3's ? like three vertices that make a triangle then press f or sth
"FRESSHU BAKED DESU CHAN STIXXXLUV EXXXCLUSIVE PREORDER NOW!"
-RoXXXeh-
Runa

Post by Runa »

Bluej97 wrote:
Runa wrote:Only vertices. I tried the F thing but didn't work :|
i think it only works in 3's ? like three vertices that make a triangle then press f or sth
lol there are like 3000000000 vertices :pi: