Blender General Questions

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: Blender General Questions

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Thanks,
I didn't know to look there. Have to still assume complete noob at times with me. ;)

Okay, so I did that for the face, but for some reason it's still getting some transparency near the mouth, and I cannot find any other situations in which NegAlpha helps.

What are recommendations for the Eyebrows / Shadows? The tutorial I read suggested deleting them, but I'd prefer not to if they aid the visual quality and there is a way to fix 'em.

Also the hair is still wonky, anything I might be able to do to fix that or might that require file editing in photoshop?
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Hey, I wrote something about transparency in that Blender thread @TRF. I'm on my phone, otherwise I would have posted the link, it should be in the OP. Which version of Blender are you using? I can make a new tutorial for the new Blender.

Also, anyone who tells you to 'delete the eyebrows' is talking out of their ass, lol. It's a load of bull. :)
Shelkopryad

Post by Shelkopryad »

In Cycles I have some glitch with Ivy nude model =\

Anybody know how fix that?
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

In Blender, is it true that you can't have custom (and original) vertex normals from game models? I looked here and saw some guy said you can't, that normals are automatically recalculated whenever you go into edit mode. Should a Blender importer even bother saving original vertex normals and tangents? Thanks!
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Post by PoophairJones »

semory wrote:In Blender, is it true that you can't have custom (and original) vertex normals from game models? I looked here and saw some guy said you can't, that normals are automatically recalculated whenever you go into edit mode. Should a Blender importer even bother saving original vertex normals and tangents? Thanks!
Well you can randomly calculate normals around yourself in edit mode^^ So i guess you can have your own..if they weren't editable in blender some models would look awful xD
3ds Max does this constant recalculating^^ nvm what you do...they get realced -.-
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

cool :). i have a sample blender file here, the geometry generated by a python script I'm writing. looks like geometry, weights, bones, uvs work great but the material isn't showing in the 3D view. is there something i'm doing wrong? the image gets loaded and i set all the faces of mesh1 to use material1, which is associated with the texture.

http://www.xnalara.org/content/semory/blenderhmm.7z

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

semory wrote:cool :). i have a sample blender file here, the geometry generated by a python script I'm writing. looks like geometry, weights, bones, uvs work great but the material isn't showing in the 3D view. is there something i'm doing wrong? the image gets loaded and i set all the faces of mesh1 to use material1, which is associated with the texture.

http://www.xnalara.org/content/semory/blenderhmm.7z

I'm not 100% sure but blender tends not to display textures if
1. there are more than one material assigned to the mesh.
2. the texture wasn't assigned to display in the UV editor.

For 1. just check your Links and Materials tab in Edit Mode and see how many materials assigne i.e. should be 1 Mat 1
for 2. go to UV/Image Editor window and Alt+O that sucka to assign the right texture
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

thePWA wrote: I'm not 100% sure but blender tends not to display textures if

For 1. just check your Links and Materials tab in Edit Mode and see how many materials assigne i.e. should be 1 Mat 1
for 2. go to UV/Image Editor window and Alt+O that sucka to assign the right texture
That's weird, assigning multiple textures works for me in Blender, as when I render I join meshes that are assigned different textures so I can remove doubles (seams) and it displays the correct textures. It's XNALara/XPS that don't have the capability as I think it always uses the first assigned texture. I think I'm gonna go with number 2 on your answer. I didn't try assigning textures in his blend file tho. :)
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

iheartibuki wrote:
thePWA wrote: I'm not 100% sure but blender tends not to display textures if

That's weird, assigning multiple textures works for me in Blender, as when I render I join meshes that are assigned different textures so I can remove doubles (seams) and it displays the correct textures. It's XNALara/XPS that don't have the capability as I think it always uses the first assigned texture. I think I'm gonna go with number 2 on your answer. I didn't try assigning textures in his blend file tho. :)
The man meant displaying the textures in blender Marv. We're not talking about xnalara here.
Now go rip us some Tekken babes. Wapissshhh.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Haha I know you guys were talking about Blender but I tend to go off tangent all the time. :P
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."