Blender General Questions

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Runa

Re: Blender General Questions

Post by Runa »

Yep, you need to select the rigged model(s), then the armature and press ctrl + A > Scale and Rotation to ObData. The other options might be useful too.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Reiko31

Post by Reiko31 »

Hi eveyone!
So I have a problem since a moment already, I work on a Xnalara model in Blender and I wanted know what is better way for have a model with detailed textures?
Actually I've tried some nodes settings but I've not really the result that I want, I think it could be more detailed but I don't know the good way for, so that's why I ask some help here, it is possible to have this kind of texture for the clothes? http://www.filedropper.com/carlaleonadad87yml1
A other example : http://www.filedropper.com/srtabirkinxweskerjrd8oikxl

I guess it's with the normal map but I don't really know the way with the nodes settings for do that, well I hope someone could be help me, thanks!
Straight Edge
Custom Rank: Steward

Post by Straight Edge »

Hey everyone, could really use help here with something. Been trying to create a workable pelvis bone for a model I use. I used the technique of duplicating/extruding a new bone and aligning it near the root hips bone. I parented the pelvis bone to the leg thigh bones and parented the root hips to the pelvis. I added the pelvis to the vertex groups for the meshes and did an export. When I pose the pelvis bone in XPS, only the legs move, not the lower part of the waist like I've seen many other models do.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Does this mean I need to weight paint the lower waist area if I want to be able to pose it with the pelvis bone? Any help is appreciated.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Straight Edge wrote:Hey everyone, could really use help here with something. Been trying to create a workable pelvis bone for a model I use. I used the technique of duplicating/extruding a new bone and aligning it near the root hips bone. I parented the pelvis bone to the leg thigh bones and parented the root hips to the pelvis. I added the pelvis to the vertex groups for the meshes and did an export. When I pose the pelvis bone in XPS, only the legs move, not the lower part of the waist like I've seen many other models do.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Does this mean I need to weight paint the lower waist area if I want to be able to pose it with the pelvis bone? Any help is appreciated.
Not really sure how to help you out here because it depends on the model. Most models don't even have pelvis bones but have weighted "root hip" bones. You can always just duplicate that and rename the duplicate as "root hip" and the hip as "pelvis" so you have a weighted pelvis bone but be sure to parent that pelvis to the new root hips bone.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Straight Edge
Custom Rank: Steward

Post by Straight Edge »

Thanks very much for the tip. I tried it, but this time with the lower spine bone and managed to get the desired effect. :D
rballad
Custom Rank: Om Donal

Post by rballad »

1.Is there a way to copy paste mesh name or anything that makes mesh naming easier? because it's time consuming
2.Is there a way to know the right coordinate when moving mesh that are on the floor? like is it 137.789 or 137.767 point vertically
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Question guys: have you had pesky weight problems where if you look at the color of the weighting it looks the same as the rest of the background but for some reason when you rotate/move a bone that controls it that part gets left behind? And no matter how you paint it "red" in Blender it still doesn't get fixed? Is there any way to fix this problem, because it is really annoying! LOL!
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Runa

Post by Runa »

Uhm not sure I get what you mean, but usually when paniting over a part doesn't fix the bad rotation issue I check other vgroups that might accidentally affect that part.

Let's say I need to fix the arm, because when I rotate the shoulder 2 bone a piece of it stays stuck in its original place. I paint in red where the weights seem missing, sure I am that the arm will move like it should after this modification... but nope! So I take a look into the list and I might discover that the spine upper bone is for some reason controlling that piece of arm with a few weights painted accidentally. All I need to do is delete those weights so that the spine won't affect the arm anymore.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Runa

Post by Runa »

Hey guys, anyone of you is using the autorig thing in blender to rig models (parent > copy from bone heat)? If so, I've got a problem that I already met before, but this time I don't really know how to fix it. Basically, when I parent the meshes to the armature, the weights are generated as usual, but look completely wrong. Like, they are missing in some areas, if you pose the arm that also affects part of the torso, and so on. I ofc can fix some things manually, but the spine weights are definitely delicate and paiting manually over it might cause an awful result.
I don't know if it might also depend on how detailed a model is?
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Did any error pop up when you used bone heat? Generally an error saying sth about one or more bones cannot be blahblahed causes bad weight errors. And for that you would need to separate the meshes further to make it work. Other than that I haven't have much problem with it :/
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.