XPS question again...

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

XPS question again...

Post by thePWA »

Asking here cuz I'm not sure if anyone is visiting the XPS section.

I'm trying to get a few XPS models into edit mode in blender (basically add some weapons as thorgauntletright etc.) so I export it as posed but when I import their mesh.ascii in blender the normals and the models are there but the armature is gone. I used 10.8.7b. Actually this is one of the reasons I don't like XPS, its not blender-modder friendly... not a big deal as I can just move on to other things but just out of curiosity is/was a workaround/solution created for this?
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Re: XPS question again...

Post by PoophairJones »

thePWA wrote:Asking here cuz I'm not sure if anyone is visiting the XPS section.

I'm trying to get a few XPS models into edit mode in blender (basically add some weapons as thorgauntletright etc.) so I export it as posed but when I import their mesh.ascii in blender the normals and the models are there but the armature is gone. I used 10.8.7b. Actually this is one of the reasons I don't like XPS, its not blender-modder friendly... not a big deal as I can just move on to other things but just out of curiosity is/was a workaround/solution created for this?
Yeah that is a awful ''bug'' wich is actually no bug..itz intended... because some crappy guy requestes sth like that out of fun and he actually hates XPS or sth -.-
I figured a method wich i can't explain because it differs to models. Will send you a sample file in PM and try to make it understandable
Runa

Post by Runa »

I noticed the same thing. I usually rename bones in XPS because it's easier for me since I can directly test them, not to mention the fact that in XPS you can finally avoid that annoying error message about +59 bones limit.
However, when I tried to import some mdoels in blender after that, poof... armature was gone. It's not a big deal for me, I always use 3DS Max for models and now that I have learned some more tricks with it, blender is really optional (depends on the edits I have to make). Still, some people might find this problem very annoying.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

I don't know if this is related to the above issue or not, but since I've started using XPS, but I've frequently had an issue with opening models & scenes. Stuff loads normally pesters me about not having the same root boot, but then it shifts the skeleton so its outside of the intended are of the mesh. The only way I've been able to resolve this is by deleting the .cfg file for XPS and then re-opening stuff. Anyone know something I should do to my ascii file or XPS in order to prevent this?

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

ProtocolX27 wrote:I don't know if this is related to the above issue or not, but since I've started using XPS, but I've frequently had an issue with opening models & scenes. Stuff loads normally pesters me about not having the same root boot, but then it shifts the skeleton so its outside of the intended are of the mesh. The only way I've been able to resolve this is by deleting the .cfg file for XPS and then re-opening stuff. Anyone know something I should do to my ascii file or XPS in order to prevent this?

Sorry for the late reply, I think the best person to answer that would be XNAaral himself. He used to visit/post here though I'm not sure if he still does lately. He is pretty much available on dA.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

yeah, i think we pissed him off cuz we accidentally excluded his entry in that last modding competition lol. he hasn't spoken to me since.

speaking of xnaaral, where are the latest XPS blender scripts located at? his forum is chaos lol. i only saw model downloads in the downloads section.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

what the fuck lol? i download xps from xnaaral's deviantart site and it's got some shitty sendspace installer that installs a bunch of crapware, shuts down and restarts your browser, and then hijacks your browser's homepage and search bar. now i'm fucking mad lol. now i gotta go look around my other browsers and see what that fucking installer did to my other browsers.
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

OH I'M FUCKING PISSED. IT HIJACKED ALL MY FUCKING BROWSERS. IF XNAARAL WAS SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME I WOULD FUCKING PUNCH HIM THE FACE! YOU DON'T SEE ME PUTTING THIS SHIT IN MY FUCKING EXE RIPPERS. THIS IS FUCKING SO LOW CLASS I AM FUCKING PISSED! JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU COULD TRUST SOMEBODY... JESUS!
ToxicKing

Post by ToxicKing »

Then you must be clicking a wrong link on sendspace.. because I been using XPS and downloading versions from his dArt for a very long time and I never had the problem.
.. :ggl:
.. ... :megusta:
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

http://xnalaraitalia.deviantart.com/jou ... -338899475

I downloaded the one with "some" improvements. Should have downloaded the skydrive one. If XNAaral didn't know SendSpace was doing this to his files then I take everything I said all back, but right now I'm too busy fixing my computer LOL. Fricking MSSE didn't even so much as beep while this stuff was attacking my computer either :D. Time to go change antivirus/malware scanners again :D.