Port now, update later

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Port now, update later

Post by Love2Raid »

Seems like lots of people are starting to throw half-finished ports out there, either out of laziness/lack of skill or maybe out of fear that they'll be 'beaten to it' by someone else?? :?

What do you think of this attitude?
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Port now, update later

Post by semory »

community is definitely fractured... and i think that's why... some peeps over here, some over there, some over on DA. i think it's just a lack of being able to communicate ideas and information over the half dozen or so sites we're all on. for example, mad_le_zille on TRF was porting somewhat unfinished models to keep things going there and on DA they're all just in a big rush to show off what they got out of an extractor -- the "hey look what i ripped" type of thing.
MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

From what I see, it's a combination of all of them. Too much competition, lack of patience and egos going on.

The old simple phrase of "Quantity over quality" would easily be thrown out there. :(
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Post by PoophairJones »

Yeah i dunno... I just don't get why they ''port'' at all if they just import to blender and export^^ I mean for me the fun in porting is making the model look good in XNALara, wich means tweaking additional maps etc. Guess people on dA only do it for lots of comments anyway and people like lezisell (or wth xD) try to imitate rexil with his beginning spam of models and are yet tolazy to put the needed effort in xD They just wanna be the first and get all the ''OMG HOW DID YOU DO THAAAAT? OMG YOU'RE GOD!!!''-comments.
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

I think this can be applied to me. :XD:

I'm always going on like: ZOMG I'LL BOMB U ALL XDXDXD

And in the end, I throw some models that look good, some bad, some meh.
But I changed! :XD:
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Lack of communication as well as lack of interest to communicate. The majority of "porters" just don't want to hear you out. You tell them "maybe it would look better with this or maybe you need to do that" and the answer you get is "i'm lazy" or worse "do it yourself". Like semory said it's a "look what I ripped" attitude that these kids have these days. And yeah most these guys are rushing to build themselves "street cred" with these ports, looking for the next "thank you for giving us these gifts o mighty porter of power".
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

I agree with most of what is already said above. Plus some folks just don't wanna be bound to a WIP list. They just port whoever/whatever they want, whenever they want, and in doing so as said above, tend to rush things in order to beat the established porters in their game.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Ventrue
Custom Rank: Frequent Lurker

Post by Ventrue »

We are reliving the first industrial revolution but inside XNALara. :D

The only thing I just love about these porters, is that some of them act like if they had rights over some models, cuz they're the ones who ported it first. xD And when you release your version of that model, they are saying you stole it from them... Lovely! ^.^

But isn't that one of the reasons we moved here? :P
I'm just here for the boobs.
PoophairJones
Custom Rank: Baebsae

Post by PoophairJones »

Ventrue wrote:We are reliving the first industrial revolution but inside XNALara. :D

The only thing I just love about these porters, is that some of them act like if they had rights over some models, cuz they're the ones who ported it first. xD And when you release your version of that model, they are saying you stole it from them... Lovely! ^.^

But isn't that one of the reasons we moved here? :P
Lol yeah i had that with Rebecca Chang from Dead Rising once xD Fil ported her before at some point^^ Not even bothered to try recolour the hair black and shit and then i released her, ofc extracted myself and all, and he jumped at me saying i stole his work and blah. I mean come on -.- We are all stealing them from the companies xD the only thing we have rights over are the additional maps maybe...thogh they are also done with game UVs so what the fuck

And yeah true i moved here so i don't have to bother with these peepz anymore.
RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Post by RoxasKennedy »

.:Someone:. wrote: Lol yeah i had that with Rebecca Chang from Dead Rising once xD Fil ported her before at some point^^ Not even bothered to try recolour the hair black and shit and then i released her, ofc extracted myself and all, and he jumped at me saying i stole his work and blah.
Reminds me when he accused me of stealing his MvC3 Dante model, when I extracted it myself ofc.

Why would I post something he did? The model he did had a dirt_null texture. DIRT FUCKING NULL!
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here