random question

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: random question

Post by Love2Raid »

Lol, wtf. :?
Good that you solved it though. xD
Runa

Post by Runa »

lol, same reaction I had XD
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Runa

Post by Runa »

Uhm... okay guys, I suddenly got this insane idea to update my Dante model (the one without coat), creating a XPS version with ALL the weapons included as additional items.

Also, looking at some ingame screenshots I noticed there is some kind of minibump on his skin and in fact the files include a normal map with pores, which I wanted to use and is giving me this problem here (image attached).

As you can see, for some reason the pores appear bigger in the upper body/torso and this is seriously annoying me. I thought it might depend on the texture size, because the head was more HQ than the torso, but even using bigger textures it still looks the same.

Any suggestion? :roll:

EDIT: :herp:

I figured out what was wrong. The problem is the minibump itself. The head fills the whole map while the torso is split in different parts all around and thus the minibump needed to be bigger for it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

The torso is a bigger mesh, therefore it needs a higher repeat value for the minibump. There is no need to resize any textures. xD
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

Btw great idea. :megusta:
Runa

Post by Runa »

Yeah, I figured it out right after :lol: I just thought updating the texture might help since the head map is originally way bigger. However yes, I cuplicated some parts of that bump and now it looks more or less the same.

One thing though. I have this standard setting 22_body_1_30_30

If I want to make it less visible (I think it looks okay, maybe a bit too much only if you get very close), I just need to lower the first value as always?
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

Changing the numbers '30_30' will only change how big the pores on the skin are, so the higher the numbers the smaller the pores (the minibump will just be repeated more times on the same amount of skin). If you want to make them less visible, you can make them smaller or you can make the effect of the bump map less strong. To do this, you can either edit the minibump map or the mask map. I would recommend to start with editing the mask map, which will give you the best and most realistic results. With the mask map you can control the exact locations of the minibump effect and also how strong the effect should be.
Shelkopryad

Post by Shelkopryad »

Hi all! Can somebody help me?
I try run XPS on my new PC, but XPS not worked. I'll used all versions! Same errors. (Windows 7 Ultimate 64x)
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

have you installed the microsoft xna framework?
Runa

Post by Runa »

Hey guys, do you know if there's a solution for diffuse textures which look like masks and don't have the original colors? :\ The ones with bright red and green in them...