Armature question

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

RoxasKennedy
Porter
Custom Rank: ßâÜ(ÔòÑ´╣ÅÔòÑßâÜ)

Armature question

Post by RoxasKennedy »

So!

I have few Nurien cloth pieces like pants, shirt, shoes and all that. And I want to combine them all into one model!

The problem is that the each model has different armature (while all of them have the same bone names and positions, for example, the shirt armature obviously doesn't have leg bones while the shoes armature doesn't have spine and arm bones and etc...)

So my question is: how can I combine armatures without having extra bones like fst_knee.001 and all that? I think Crofty told me once to export from 3DS Max, and it will combine everything, but I dunno.
Hey guys, Marlboro-Chan here
FigureSculptor

Re: Armature question

Post by FigureSculptor »

RoxasKennedy wrote:So my question is: how can I combine armatures without having extra bones like fst_knee.001 and all that? I think Crofty told me once to export from 3DS Max, and it will combine everything, but I dunno.
I have to believe that most 3D software can do this, but I don't personally use 3DS Max much, so I don't know how you do it there. In Blender, you can simply shift right-click all the various armatures you want to combine and hit ctrl-j. If there are bones that exist in more than one armature, you'll have to delete those and probably reconnect some of the parents, but it's relatively easy to do.
RoxasKennedy
Porter

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Well yeah, I KNOW I can do that, but I was wondering if you could do that but without all the extra bones, since I was told once you could. :LOL:
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

You could try exporting them as .psk then import via gildor's actorX script for max, it could combine all bones with the same name.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
RoxasKennedy
Porter

Post by RoxasKennedy »

Really?

Okay, then I shall try that! :D
RoxasKennedy
Porter