Some help with meshmodding please...T_T

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Runa

Re: Some help with meshmodding please...T_T

Post by Runa »

Uhm, I'm afraid you won't find any good specific tutorial for that :\ me and other porters were actually thinking to make a full XNA guide with tutorials at some point.

By the way, usually you can attach a head to another neck using the vertices to make them look perfectly merged, but in your case, since the body is a suite with high collar, you can just put the head in it. In order to properly attach the two parts in blender, you can do like this:

1) Load Jacob's body first
2) Load Tidus on the second layer
3) Remove whatever you don't need
4) Select Tidus' armature and press Tab to enter Edit Mode
5) Press CTRL and select all the bones you don't want, leaving just the ones for neck and head
6) Delete those bones you have selected
7) Select Tidus' head and remaining armature and move them on layer one (pressing M)
8) Scale the head properly and place it over the body
9) Now it's time to merge the two skeletons. Select Jacob's and Tidus' armatures and press J to join them
8) Press Tab to enter Edit Mode again, then select Tidus' neck bone and attach it to Jacob's one (if you don't know why I'll show you a screen)
9) Exit Edit Mode and try to export the model in .ascii. It will probably give you an error, check the prompt window to see what it says. Usually it happens that some bones result missing, this because you used another mesh which still uses old vertex groups. You can delete the ones you don't need in the lower panel (again, ask if you need a screen)
10) Save again
11) Rename Tidus' neck like 'unused neck' and load the model in XNA/XPS to test it

Note: Be sure that Jacob's and Tidus' neck don't have the same name. If they do, simply rename one of them (you can do that entering Edit Mode)
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
FFFanatic22
Custom Rank: Warrior

Post by FFFanatic22 »

Thanks so much!
I'll try that for sure in the weekend and I'll fill you in.
Would you mind showing the pictures for those steps?
Just in case...
Sorry for being a pain!^_^
Runa

Post by Runa »

No problem, I know what it means when you don't know how to solve a problem and can't find any helpful tutorial for that >_<

Okay then, I will make the screens for you tomorrow or the day after :D
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
FFFanatic22

Post by FFFanatic22 »

Thanks for both your time and your comprehension!XD
Desorah

Post by Desorah »

FFFanatic22

Post by FFFanatic22 »

I will try it ASAP!Thanks for the great tutorial!:)