Some help with meshmodding please...T_T

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

FFFanatic22
Custom Rank: Warrior

Some help with meshmodding please...T_T

Post by FFFanatic22 »

First of all,hello everyone!

I just started using XNALara and I decided to follow some tutorials in order to create my first meshmod.
But there is a tiny problem...

Let me explain properly...
I follow those tutorial:1)http://aydean.deviantart.com/art/XPS-Tu ... -283997213
2)http://www.deviantart.com/art/XPS-Tutor ... -284325631
I prepare the models according to the first tutorial and I save the head and then the body in separate folders.
I import them both in XNALara and I follow the tutorial in order to combine them together.
When I choose to add the head to the body connecting them with the neck bone though,the head appears in front of the model,away from the spot I had moved it previously.
When I save it and import it back,the head isn't there anymore...
It appears in the Optional Items but when I try to view it it isn't there...

Could you please help me solve the problem?I'd really appreaciate it...
Thanks in advence!:D
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: Some help with meshmodding please...T_T

Post by Love2Raid »

Hey, welcome to the forum! :D

Looks like your post was overlooked, probably cause you accidentally put it in the wrong forum section. xD
I'll move it for you and hopefully someone who knows more about XPS modding than me will answer soon. ;)
riccochet
Porter
Custom Rank: Low Poly Porter

Post by riccochet »

I have the same problem. I still couldn't figure it out or get anywhere
FFFanatic22

Post by FFFanatic22 »

To Raid2Love:Thanks for correcting me and I'm really sorry for my mistake!It's nice to be part of the community.
To riccochet:Did you managed to find a solution to the problem?I used completely different models and I don't any problem...That's odd cause everyone says that ME models are easy to mod,as well as FF ones.
Runa

Post by Runa »

I used XPS to mod two or three models, gave up when I noticed I coudln't avoid that kind of issues. The XNA Posing Studio is not that great to mod, honestly... meshes often appear out of place or even invisible after the save, for this reason I suggest you to download 3D Studio Max or blender (second one is free) and learn how to mod with them. A 3D program allows you to alter and modify a mesh the way you want and to perfectly connect a head to another body. I'm not saying that it's going to be easy, because sometimes I get some little problems there too, but you will definitely be able to create awesome meshmods.

However, if you still want to learn XPS, you could try to contact XNAaraL over Deviantart, since he's the XPS creator.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
FFFanatic22

Post by FFFanatic22 »

@ Runa:Thanks so much for your reply! I actually started using 3ds Max and it all goes good! But another problem popped up...I attached the head to the body, but in XPS the head's textures are totally messed up...Do you know how can I solve that one if I'm not rude?
Runa

Post by Runa »

What do you mean when you that it is messed up? Maybe you simply applied the wrong texture?
If you can, show me a screen.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
FFFanatic22

Post by FFFanatic22 »

Alright...Here is a photo:http://s1345.photobucket.com/user/FFFan ... 5.jpg.html
I think that Tidus' model is yours...Sorry if I'm mistaken...^_^
I import it into 3DS Max and the textures of the Tidus' head are totally messed up. When I attach the parts and I extract the model, the textures of the head are once again messed up as well as the amrture(the bones).
I tried to do the same with Blender, but I can't even export it...
Can you possibly halp me with this? I hope I'm helping you a bit with my explanation...C:
Runa

Post by Runa »

Uhm yeah, Tidus' textures work in a weird way, so it's possible that modifying the mesh that automatically happens.
If even the bones are messed up though, it means that you probably did something wrong and didn't properly attach the two parts (head and body). You can see what kind of error blender gives you when you try to export the model, into the prompt window.
FFFanatic22

Post by FFFanatic22 »

Thanks so much for all your replies.
You're really kind!^_^
Do you happen to know of any full tutorial for Blender and 3DS Max showing how to attach two parts together step by step?
I think that I need some serious help and it won't be easy for you to keep tutoring me over and over!XD