New 52 Batman Cape Error [RESOLVED]

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Lim1tD
Custom Rank: Porter

New 52 Batman Cape Error [RESOLVED]

Post by Lim1tD »

http://prntscr.com/20eqwa
So Im in the midst of porting a model, but there is something wrong with the cape. I thought that it required the 25 Render group, but when I do it the cape goes invisible. I need some help.
Last edited by Lim1tD on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Re: New 52 Batman Cape Error

Post by iheartibuki »

Is the cape just one mesh, or is it split? It's possible XPS split the cape mesh automatically if it has a lot of bones. Also check your textures, make sure there aren't any areas marked black where the cape is in the alpha layer.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Lim1tD wrote:http://prntscr.com/20eqwa
So Im in the midst of porting a model, but there is something wrong with the cape. I thought that it required the 25 Render group, but when I do it the cape goes invisible. I need some help.
Not sure what you meant by the cape being invisible, based on your screenshot its pretty visible. If you meant the edges aren't curved in shape then its a mask problem with your diffuse texture.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Post by ProtocolX27 »

As Marv said related to the transparency, 25 definitely uses alpha. If that area is split in Blender make sure that you don't have more than one mesh with the same material. Unless it was just me doing something wrong, I've had certain materials disappear in XNALara / XPS if there is an overlap.

Edit:
ninja'd
Lim1tD

Post by Lim1tD »

thePWA wrote:
Lim1tD wrote:http://prntscr.com/20eqwa
Not sure what you meant by the cape being invisible, based on your screenshot its pretty visible. If you meant the edges aren't curved in shape then its a mask problem with your diffuse texture.
In the picture, the render group 25 is not displayed, I really dont know what to do, if anyone would like to attempt to fix it then feel free.http://filesmelt.com/dl/Arkham_Origins_ ... onsole.zip
rexil
Porter
Custom Rank: Hu3Hu3

Post by rexil »

Unless you find the cape Alpha channel, RG25 won't change anything, the cape diffuse doesn't have an alpha channel.
You should also rename you meshes, things like this 24_02-Default_1.0_0.0_0.0 will surely cause problems. Make it 25_cape_1.0_0_0 or something that makes easier to identify the mesh without going trough blender.
┬░┬░┬░┬░┬░Why so Serious?┬░┬░┬░┬░┬░
Lim1tD

Post by Lim1tD »

rexil wrote:Unless you find the cape Alpha channel, RG25 won't change anything, the cape diffuse doesn't have an alpha channel.
You should also rename you meshes, things like this 24_02-Default_1.0_0.0_0.0 will surely cause problems. Make it 25_cape_1.0_0_0 or something that makes easier to identify the mesh without going trough blender.
Thanks, that solved it, Also I found another texture that helped me pinpoint the problem.