Mouth Error

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Lim1tD
Custom Rank: Porter

Mouth Error

Post by Lim1tD »

Alright something is definitely wrong with the mouth, it was fine before, but as soon as I imported it to blender to reparent the jaw bones, the mouth area was all blocky, And when I exported it, I got this mouth error.

In XPS:

In Blender (Textures):

In Blender (No Texture):

This is really ticking me off, I am so close to finishing this model. I tried removing doubles but that didn't do anything.

DOWNLOAD (If you want to attempt to fix it directly):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9v4dvw
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: Mouth Error

Post by Love2Raid »

Some models have this problem when you re-import them in Blender. I've been told by XNAaraL that it has something to do with so-called 'loose edges'. Edges that aren't part of a polygon. They can seriously screw up the model like that. You can prevent it by removing the edges before you export from Blender (there's a built-in script for this, do it in Edit mode). You can also try to export the model as .obj from XNA and then do boneweight copy from the wrong model to the static one. Fixing the UV map will be a long and tedious job so I don't recommend trying that. :P

If you need more info let me know, typing on the phone is annoying so I kept it short. XD
Lim1tD
Custom Rank: Porter

Post by Lim1tD »

Love2Raid wrote:Some models have this problem when you re-import them in Blender. I've been told by XNAaraL that it has something to do with so-called 'loose edges'. Edges that aren't part of a polygon. They can seriously screw up the model like that. You can prevent it by removing the edges before you export from Blender (there's a built-in script for this, do it in Edit mode). You can also try to export the model as .obj from XNA and then do boneweight copy from the wrong model to the static one. Fixing the UV map will be a long and tedious job so I don't recommend trying that. :P

If you need more info let me know, typing on the phone is annoying so I kept it short. XD
What is this script called?
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Once in Edit mode, go to Mesh -> Scripts -> Clean meshes, then pick the 'Edges: free' one.
Keep in mind that this won't fix the messed up UV map, it will only prevent it from happening when you do this before exporting from Blender (for the first time...).