XNALara models redistribution

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Runa

XNALara models redistribution

Post by Runa »

Hey guys, I don't know if you are aware... but there is a site where someone keeps reuploading all the ports and meshmods from DA http://dilong-xnagmod.blogspot.it/

I don't think this person asked for permission before reposting, even because, from what I've seen, he also reuploaded the models instead of linking the original sharing sites. I checked my models posted and there is any credit, nor original link. I suppose I have to start writing "by Runa/SumireHaikuXNA" as well :\ even if we don't own this stuff in any way, the porting process is quite long and hard for most of the models. Seeing them reposted without asking is not respectful at all, even if I'm not surprised.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: XNALara models redistribution

Post by thePWA »

Yeah that guy/s been doing since last year heck they're even using our preview pictures. Oh well that's the internet for you, lazy selling everywhere.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Runa

Post by Runa »

Yes, that is why I'm not surprised. I'm kinda used to see artworks reposted and even models... it's just pretty sad that they keep doing it. I just wanted to inform you guys in case you didn't know. I noticed that the other day and today someone posted the link under one of Armacham's deviations saying: "lots of cool models here". Heh yeah... they are cool because he took them from all of us :P
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Tomb Raider 4ever

Post by Tomb Raider 4ever »

He/She has some of my meshmods there also, there's no credit and he hasn't asked me, it's very rude, the least he could do is to have a link to my deviantart page :(
Runa

Post by Runa »

I understand that people want to create a unique big archive with XNALara models, but considering that DA is full of them (eg Sticklove, XNALara Customized, etc) I don't actually see the sense. Plus, it would be nice to ask first before reposting and also putting some proper credit and keep the original download link.

The only reason why I'm not stopping with this hobby is because I like it way too much and I know the risks when I post something. However, it is indeed rude and also disrespectful. Internet is crap lol.
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Post by semory »

yep, some people have no sense of ethics. wonder what would happen if you guys started password protecting models hehehe.
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

^ That's actually not a bad idea. Then link back to a thread from either the dA page or the posting here to the password. I know it's lame but it makes it more difficult for these peeps to re up models.

Other than that, nothing we can really do or complain about. As Josh said this is the Internet and we don't own the assets to begin with. :?
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

MisterHentai
Custom Rank: :sonictwerk:

Post by MisterHentai »

Unless somebody out there has so much time on their hands to rezip up the models without a password. :LOL:
:doge: -ma
Dank Buttsen

Steam | Pawn: Minami | Level: 200 | Vocation: Sorcerer | Inclination: Challenger/Ultilitarian
Steam | Pawn: Rena | Level: 200 | Vocation: Fighter | Inclination: Mitigator/Scather
Runa

Post by Runa »

Yes, that is why I didn't even bother to register and leave a comment. I'm tired and he reposted like 100000 models already.

As for the password, yeah it might be an idea... but we would need to post it privately or to give it via pm all the time @_@
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

MisterHentai wrote:Unless somebody out there has so much time on their hands to rezip up the models without a password. :LOL:
LOL, not even that, just put the password on the re-posting. :lol:
Runa wrote:Yes, that is why I didn't even bother to register and leave a comment. I'm tired and he reposted like 100000 models already.

As for the password, yeah it might be an idea... but we would need to post it privately or to give it via pm all the time @_@
Too much work for a petty thief like this. :?
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."