Would anyone be interested in forming a porting team?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Skyye13
Custom Rank: Failed Loser

Would anyone be interested in forming a porting team?

Post by Skyye13 »

Hi guys,

I know I'm new here, but I've done a bunch of ports at this point, most of which came out fairly well... I was wondering if maybe a few of you big-name porters would be willing to form a porting team with me, kind of like ArmaChamCorp, but larger, with our own little area on the internet for helping each other out.

I was thinking, if anyone would be interested, that we'd maybe create a section here or on some free blog, and discuss our projects and issues with each other, and help each other port stuff, as a single unit. It would help me get some experience with porting, and I could help the other members with menial porting labor, and my own ideas and models to share :)

Would anyone be interested?

Thanks!

Skyye aka Skyye13
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Re: Would anyone be interested in forming a porting team?

Post by Love2Raid »

Well, we are pretty much one big family over here already. If you have questions/need help with anything, all you have to do is ask. If you want to help another member out, feel free to do so, any help is always welcomed here. I don't see why forming a team with a few others on this forum would make that any easier for you. How exactly do you think that would benefit you? If you have any advice about how we could improve the support on this forum, let us know. :)
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Maybe like some sort of XNA Mafioso family huh... kinda like the Sopranos for XNALara :D

Just kidding.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Runa

Post by Runa »

Well, there already is the Sticklove group account on Deviantart, so as L3R said, we already are a team here :) you can of course join us and be a part of the group!
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

Hmm... one doesn't simple 'join the group'. :pi:
Runa

Post by Runa »

I mean that if he wants to be a porter here on SL, why he shouldn't? :)
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Skyye13
Custom Rank: Failed Loser

Post by Skyye13 »

Well, I guess that idea is done... by the way, its "she" not "he", for future reference :)

Wait, why couldn't I join your group?
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Well, the team on Sticklove dA is a bunch of experienced porters, before we even consider anyone we have to see a bunch of ports we think is good enough quality to be on there. We havent actually let anyone else onto the dA team i dont think.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

You also gotta be male cuz its an all boys club... well, except Sandy cuz around here she's our queen. :D
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Love2Raid

Post by Love2Raid »

thePWA wrote:You also gotta be male cuz its an all boys club... well, except Sandy cuz around here she's our queen. :D
What about Runa? :okay: :P
Hehehe, the only queen around here is Neko. :XD:

But anyway, yeah, the dA group (opposed to the forum porters team) is a bit more... we never actually intended to add anybody else to the group. For starters, we promise people decent ports on our profile, so we have to be sort of selective. But it's mostly not even about the models. We have known each other for a long time now, from back when we were still at TRF. I completely trust any of the people who are still using that account at the moment. It was actually created because some people wanted to share their ports in a more anonymous way, without receiving any personal 'credit'. So if you are fairly new to the XNALara scene and want to put your name out there, sharing your models on that account might not even be the best idea. :P
But if you really want it, all you have to do is stick around for a while, share your ports and prove that you're trustworthy... :XD: