Would anyone be interested in forming a porting team?

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: Would anyone be interested in forming a porting team?

Post by thePWA »

Well... Runa can be our princess.

Nice save ne? :D
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Runa

Post by Runa »

Last time I checked I still was a woman :okay:

:P

Btw yes, it is indeed true that we only allow good quality ports on SL account. What I meant was that, if SHE (sorry for my mistake, lol) wants to try and contribute as well, we should allow that too. We might help her to improve her skills in porting if she needs some tips and whatever, just let's not close the door in front of her face :lol:
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Runa wrote:Last time I checked I still was a woman :okay:

:P
No... seriously? Getouttahere!

I thought you were some hot sexy Italian pinup princess just oozing with lotsatalentfor3Dstuff.

:D

Yes I agree lets not slam the door on her/his/who? just like that...
...we can always quietly just close it... j/k

Unless some people think I'm serious and I read a lot about it tomorrow on deviantart
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Runa

Post by Runa »

Well, if you want me to be a princess, I don't mind :pi:
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Skyye13
Custom Rank: Failed Loser

Post by Skyye13 »

Well... you guys do seem a little... uppity about your group, just saying... I know my ports aren't quite as good as the ones I've seen in your group, but that doesn't mean they suck either. A bunch of people like my ports, as you can see from the number of comments and favs I get for them on deviantart.

The majority of my problems stem from the broken script I am stuck with using for exporting models to XNALara, and the sheer obscurity of the games I want to port from.

The majority of the games I try to port from are games no one else has ever even attempted to port, and typically don't have support for... so I usually end up with a lot of issues with broken models, or models without rigging, or even more commonly, models without normal maps or specular maps.

The other thing is, when I learned 3ds max, I didn't learn it with the intent of reverse-engineering models- I originally learned it with the intent of making my own models from scratch, and rendering them IN 3ds max... as such, I have no experience troubleshooting models made in different programs, or in different formats.

Its just food for thought, not trying to be a pain in the butt... I just thought it would be cool to be part of the most prominent porting group for XNALara, since no one else even comes close to the ports you guys do :)

Also,
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

No one said they did suck :P But we dont just let anyone into the group, before we do let anyone in we get to know them, test out a bunch of their ports and when they are up to most members standards thats when we decide lol.
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.