HELP re: XNA model imports

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

Oldelpaso678

HELP re: XNA model imports

Post by Oldelpaso678 »

Hi all, so this will probably sound like a huge noob question but I've looked everywhere for a fix for this to no avail.

Basically, I want to import XNA models into the usual suspects (Blender, DAZ, 3DSmax) but every time I import the model I get an issue.

This is how the model looks normally, which is fine. I export as obj and follow all the steps correctly.

However, upon importing into another program, the model turns into this:

I used XNA again to save time but the model looks like this in the other programs too. I noticed that when I turn on 'bumpmap edge shader' in XNA that it displays the model exactly the same in XNA as it does in the imports with problems (I turned it on in that screenshot). Even when I turn off the shader it still imports with bad textures/hair and no eyes.

I've read about alpha transparency and other things but I'm not sure if that's what I need to be looking at? This happens with every single model.

Thanks!
ProtocolX27
Porter
Custom Rank: Skynet Status

Re: HELP re: XNA model imports

Post by ProtocolX27 »

Alot of XNALara models may be made using .tga images. Newer versions of Blender only seems to render transparent items accurately with .png. I'm not sure if .tga automatically convert to .png with the alpha effects intact or if it will require some manipulation in a photo editor, but I would start there at least for the hair. Not sure about the face part.