Assistance in porting several models

General discussion and questions about XNALara go here.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Runa, Love2Raid

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Re: Assistance in porting several models

Post by thePWA »

Now that is weird. I've been using mariokart's maxscript even the first release and it has been exporting models like a dream come true. What sort of errors are you really getting?
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Skyye13
Custom Rank: Failed Loser

Post by Skyye13 »

I get all kinds of errors, it really depends on the model... the only constant in this equation is that I am never able to release any models, because the script always has an error ready for me, no matter what model I'm working on.

Honestly, I'm done with this crap... its not worth the hassle, the stress, the frustration, or the hours spent looking for solutions.

I'm not going to port models anymore... I'm just done.

I don't even see the point of working with XNALara anymore at all, in fact... I don't even use it, all I did was port models for it.

Doing my renders and work in 3ds max is good enough for me... thanks for all your help and support, though, everybody, I really appreciate it.

See y'all around.
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

You could check out Blender, it's not hard. I mean, even I managed to figure it out eventually, lol. :XD:
thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Post by thePWA »

Love2Raid wrote:You could check out Blender, it's not hard. I mean, even I managed to figure it out eventually, lol. :XD:
Yeah blender's the way to go... Its for everyone even no talent hacks like me :D
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
Love2Raid
Custom Rank: w

Post by Love2Raid »

Hahaha :P
Not many porters use Max (for obvious reasons), so you can count on a lot more assistance when you use Blender. ;)
iheartibuki
Custom Rank: Fappy Bird

Post by iheartibuki »

Max just makes my head spin lol! Good thing I've only used it so far loading DOA models and no problems so far.
"TheyÔÇÖre not only moron but also Galapagosian Lolita Complexed Chicken."

Runa

Post by Runa »

Skyye13 wrote:I get all kinds of errors, it really depends on the model... the only constant in this equation is that I am never able to release any models, because the script always has an error ready for me, no matter what model I'm working on.

Honestly, I'm done with this crap... its not worth the hassle, the stress, the frustration, or the hours spent looking for solutions.

I'm not going to port models anymore... I'm just done.

I don't even see the point of working with XNALara anymore at all, in fact... I don't even use it, all I did was port models for it.

Doing my renders and work in 3ds max is good enough for me... thanks for all your help and support, though, everybody, I really appreciate it.

See y'all around.
I see the point there, I often get errors in Max as well. All I can say, is that I noticed it tends to give errors if there's an empty material, like, without any texture applied. It also might give you errors while importing if a model was made for XPS (mostly with meshmods created in there). I sometimes keep exporting from Max because I have some useful importers in there and everything works fine, so there should definitely be something wrong... which version of Max are you using (if you didn't say it already and, in case, I probably missed it)? Though I don't think that is the issue...
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Skyye13
Custom Rank: Failed Loser

Post by Skyye13 »

Ahhh Blender... like I said, I couldn't find my way around in blender if my life depended on it... I'd need a cheat sheet for all the stupid keyboard shortcuts you have to use just to manipulate the dang viewport in that program, lol...

I am using Max 2014, which should be pretty stable. I love 3ds max, it is easily the most powerful modeling program for animations, videogame design, and general 3d graphics you could want, aside from Autodesk Maya.

I grew up with Max, my brother taught it to me when I was younger, and I've loved it ever since... I really tried to learn Blender, but it just doesn't make any sense... the keyboard command interface is clunky, and the lack of support for a mouse is a real pain when shifting the viewport around... I do like its diverse import/export options, though, if I could use them properly X3
Runa

Post by Runa »

I was stuck with 3DS Max too, but at some point I got tired about the screwed up weights and script errors. Also, I couldn't get the result I wanted, especially with meshmods. The first time I tried blender I reacted the same way, but now I couldn't live without it, lol. I'm not saying that you have to learn it if you don't want to, but just maybe give it a second chance. The viewport is actually very easy to use. The keyboard shortcuts are 1 for front view, 3 for side view, 6, 4, 2 and 8 for rotation. However, if you have the common mouth scroll, you can pretty much click it to rotate the view just like in Max.
"Some steps need to be taken alone. It's the only way to really figure out where you need to go and who you need to be."
Anx

Post by Anx »

Skyye13 wrote:Ahhh Blender...
and the lack of support for a mouse is a real pain when shifting the viewport around
Blender's interface is designed to be used with the following recommended input configuration:
ÔÇó A three-button mouse with a scroll wheel. If you do not have a 3 button mouse, you'll need to emulate it by checking the option in the User Preferences (unchecked by default).
ÔÇó A full keyboard with a numeric keypad (NumLock should generally be switched on).

Usage of Mouse Buttons
The mouse takes an important role while working with Blender. Therefore we have established a general usage of the mouse buttons which apply in most cases:
ÔÇó Right Mouse Button (RMB): Select an item.
ÔÇó Left Mouse Button (LMB): Initiate or confirm an action.

(These can be swapped in the Input tab of the User Preferences)

Note: The Reference section contains details (and a short video guide) about the Usage of Mouse Buttons for basic Operations.

If you want to shift the viewport around:
ÔÇó Shift+wheel
ÔÇó Ctrl+wheel