Don't you just hate it...

Talk about whatever.

Moderators: ObscureMemories, Dazzy, iheartibuki

thePWA
Porter
Custom Rank: JOSHAUAGES v2.0

Don't you just hate it...

Post by thePWA »

...when you come across people who wants to get spoon-fed?

I post a work in progress over at dA featuring Geralt and Vernon and it gets a comment asking for the model. Earth calling... it's on my profile journal if you bothered to read anything other than the image comments. Not even a fave on the sucka. Can't you take the time to find out for yourself if its anywhere on the gallery? I mean its a gallery of less than 10 images and a profile page, you took the time to comment don't be afraid to take the time to look for the Geralt link.
Stop! Waitaminute! Fill mah cup with some liquor in it!
semory
Site Admin
Custom Rank: Kitty pu tu tu lay!

Re: Don't you just hate it...

Post by semory »

Nah ha ha ha, I get a big kick out of it lol. That occasional WTF :shock: "some people have the nerve" type of moment that brightens my day every now and then. But some people might be new to deviantart and not know how things work :).
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

Yeah I guess you're right. About 2 years new LOL. Anyways I got that out of my system and now I'm wondering why it even affected me LOL.
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

...when the spammers/spam bots try to post off-topic threads? :D
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

Oh ha ha ha. Yep. They do that on xentax all the time too. I'm working on adding some php code to stop the spam bots as we speak :).
semory
Site Admin

Post by semory »

BTW, that reminds me, a while back I got really mad at the MMD crowd. Some of the MMD deviant art peeps were just using my rippers to rip models from games like Atelier Ayesha and taking screen caps of them and teasing others on deviantart like they were all hard, saying stuff like, "these models are only for my friends," "go rip them yourself if you want them." And I was like, how fucking selfish can these people be? I eventually let it get to me and later on after I cooled down I thought wow, why did I ever get mad in the first place??? :lol:
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

semory wrote:BTW, that reminds me, a while back I got really mad at the MMD crowd. Some of the MMD deviant art peeps were just using my rippers to rip models from games like Atelier Ayesha and taking screen caps of them and teasing others on deviantart like they were all hard, saying stuff like, "these models are only for my friends," "go rip them yourself if you want them." And I was like, how fucking selfish can these people be? I eventually let it get to me and later on after I cooled down I thought wow, why did I ever get mad in the first place??? :lol:
And we're supposed to know better since we're older. Youth is wasted on the young.
God please give me a few more years to enjoy this hobby LOL.
Vonman
Custom Rank: Oil King

Post by Vonman »

... when you open dA and you saw someone uploaded what seems to be a new or improved model of a character you like, you get so excited and you clicked on it, ready to download but then...

it turned out to be just an already released model with color depth increase in the texture.

Last edited by Vonman on Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
thePWA
Porter

Post by thePWA »

Vonman wrote:... when you open dA and you saw someone uploaded what seems to be a new or improved model of a character you like, you get so excited and you clicked on it, ready to download but then...

it turned out to be a just a model color depth increase in the texture.

Amen to that...

And that's why I stick to a few porters and their releases. At least you know you'll get what you're expecting. :)
Dazzy
Site Admin
Custom Rank: WestAllen best ship.

Post by Dazzy »

Vonman wrote:... when you open dA and you saw someone uploaded what seems to be a new or improved model of a character you like, you get so excited and you clicked on it, ready to download but then...

it turned out to be just an already released model with color depth increase in the texture.

:lol: The FFXIII models? They just used saturation D:
All I wanna do, is come runnin' home to you, come runnin' home to you.
And all my life I promise to, keep runnin' home to you, keep runnin' home to you.